Changing light cycle

Lemon Paradise

hey everyone, got a question for you.

I have 2 girls running from 6:30am to 6:30pm,, one has been flower since 5/1 and the other since 6/1

I plan on moving them out of my closet and into a new room we built for them, and my buddy will be moving his girls in as well, and that is the problem

his girls are on from 12 to 12,, how to get them to the same time without stressing them.

I was thinking if I gave my girls an extra 6 hours of dark that it would be better than cutting 6 hours of dark from his..

what are your thoughts?

:thanks: :peace:

I do believe extra dark time will be the safest bet. But if you only "stress" them this one time I don't think it is too much to worry about.

right now my girl is under a 150w hps, but I got a 600w in the new room. he has a 400w hps that will also be going into the new room... should I run the new light at 250 for a couple of days, then 400 then 600? (it is a dimmable ballast)

yes up the light gradually. dont want to shock them.

haha.

2 days per level should be adequate. Your using the same principle most growers use when they move a plant outdoors from indoors, except it is not as big of a change as the sunlight. you put the plant out during its daytime in the sun for a couple hours. then the next day for an extra hour. then the next day another hour. Your going to want to see the leafs "toughen up" a bit

md og... I really cannot say.. I see some people who do a 24 hr on dueing nursery time I think. most however do a 18/6 veg.. (although I have read about people doing 20/4,, gotta read up more on it and pro/con) then 12/12 for flower (I think I have read some other cycles as well,, but mt short term memory is not what it used to be :) )

SO, for a quick update.. I said screw it, and since I only have 2 girls going into the room, and my buddy has 4, I decided to just bite the bullet and give it one 18hr dark cycle... She did not look like she minded it yesterday,, but now will keep close eye on her,, hopefully she does not get too stressed out...

Let me get this straight .. You are saying that the darkness causes plants to stretch?
What's the most ultimate cycle flowering stage?

Let me get this straight .. You are saying that the darkness causes plants to stretch?
What's the most ultimate cycle flowering stage?

no, just that a longer dark period than normal is ok,, (better than a long light cycle)

think in nature, some days it is cloudy/overcast and not very bright, but how often does it get light at 2am? so plants have a built-in mechanism to deal with extended dark, because they may encounter it in nature.. (IMHO)

I read in anothre thread, that a 11/13 cycle will take longer to flower, but give bigger yeilds, 12/12 is middle ground, and 13/11 will be a shorter flower cycle but less yeild..

I don't know how accurate that is,, just relaying what I was told on another thread..

:hookah::lot-o-toke:

no, just that a longer dark period than normal is ok,, (better than a long light cycle)

think in nature, some days it is cloudy/overcast and not very bright, but how often does it get light at 2am? so plants have a built-in mechanism to deal with extended dark, because they may encounter it in nature.. (IMHO)

QUOTE]

Good but let's not always agree in nature as results are received domestic growth .. Light and darkness once again .. Extreme heat and cold
nature Bud never be like house growth bud

for some reason a lot of people assume plants stop growing when flowered. but actually they go through a growth spurt as they are flipped to a flowering photo period.

What people will do this? Stop grow in the middle? not make sense

what he was saying was,, that when you switch your light cycle from a veg (18 on - 6 off) to flower (12 on - 12 off) that during the first 40% of the flower cycle (first 3.5 weeks or so) the plant stretch, then will settle down, stop verticle growth, and start to fatten up,,,

What people will do this? Stop grow in the middle? not make sense
some people assume the plant stops getting taller when flowered. MJ actually grows much taller and faster during the first weeks of flowering than many first time growers realize. You can quickly run out of space if not ready for the growth.

You will want a lot more light if you plan on filling that. if you grow a plant that tall you will need side lighting. how about doing multiple shelves, each with their own smaller plant and lights?

Light is a key factor, basically the more lumens you provide, the more nutes will be processed into better buds.

Back
Top Bottom