check out my current grow tell me what you think

Subnoise

20141008_224433.jpg
20141009_072559.jpg
Hi thank you for reading this is my second grow first was out side this summer and had some issues so i decided to set up a indoor operation was just a bag seed for practice and to dial in my rooms so i started mainlining and cloning i think i got both of those on lock down it is in 3gallon pot with mg potting soil and 50% perilite always had Dark green leaves but chalked that up to mg having to much nitrogen but never had claw or nute burn vegged for about 65 days cutting and training till i had pre flowers vegged under 2foot 4tube 100w 6400k florescents temp was always mid 70s then after 32hrs of dark put in flower room new growth was yellow for a few days after the dark period now new growth looks normal ph is always around 6.6 flower room has 600w hps 75-80 lights on mid 60s lights off day11 off flowering water about every 3days per finger test I'll attach a couple photos any ideas why leaves stay small is that an effect of the mainlining and why dark green would be appreciated otherwise tell me what you think.

Dark green leaves could just be a characteristic of the strain too.

When you see the tips of leaves start to curl down (not a claw yet) combined with dark green leaves, then you know for sure it's an excessive Nitrogen problem.

Most growers advise against using Miracle Grow. It poses a lot of problems, like when it's time to flush. Flushing just releases more nutes in their soils, where it's supposed to remove salts and excess nutes.

Why was there a 32 hour dark period before going to 12/12?
Why are lights off on day 11 of flower?

Finger test isn't accurate. The top of the soil will dry first, but inside the soil it still holds a lot of moisture. You don't have to water as much as you think. A good way growers figure out when to water, is by lifting their pots with dry soil in them. Then they compare the weight through the grow by simply lifting the pot and comparing it to how it felt when dry.

The first two things that come to mind for small leaves are overwatering, and not enough light, or not close enough light.

Otherwise it looks good :thumb:

If you want some more in-depth help on your grow, check out this link: How to Ask for Grow Support And fill in all the information as accurately as possible:

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
How Many Plants?
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage?
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long?
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many?
Is it Air Cooled?
Temperature of Room/Cabinet?
RH of Room/Cabinet?
PH of Medium or Reservoir?
Any Pests?
How Often are you Watering?
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used?
Size or Square Footage of Room?

This information is necessary for accurate support to be given.

Sorry bad punctuation i was giving the temp when light was off then followed that up with it is on the 11th day of flower not that i shut the light off and it was something i read that a 24-36 hrs of dark before switching12-12 helps boost flowering and reduce stretch i got some ffof today and am aware that mg isn't optimal for mj but i had it sitting around and a bag seed i wanst concerned about messing up the whole point was to test out my grow areas. i have a probe aswell for checking moisture and ph i just don't use it much anymore cause i got a ph pen and when i did finger test and compared it to moisture meter the meter was always low on the optimal almost in the red i have used the lift the pot test but that becomes a issues when the plant is under the tomato ring to spread it out otherwise i think i answered most those questions in first post except no pests and its a10x5 room i built in the back of my shed. thanks for the props can't wait to get one of my clones in the ffof and watch the difference now that i think i got my rooms stabilized

So after some reading around i came across this journal by jamthe3 bout halfway down he had some pictures of a 8 ball kush. Cap'n Style Top-Fed Simple Hydroponics With Grow Chunks
It has a lot of foliage on the colas looks real similar to mine. Since then looked up the strain and people talk about dark leaves. So I'm thinking it might be a real close relative to that strain. What do you thing 420 magazine people?

So after some reading around i came across this journal by jamthe3 bout halfway down he had some pictures of a 8 ball kush. Cap'n Style Top-Fed Simple Hydroponics With Grow Chunks
It has a lot of foliage on the colas looks real similar to mine. Since then looked up the strain and people talk about dark leaves. So I'm thinking it might be a real close relative to that strain. What do you thing 420 magazine people?

I think you'll never find out what strain it is unless you talk to the person that grew it. I've had plants with dark leaves too. Dark leaves are also signs of Nitrogen abundance/toxicity.

If you know someone running multiple Strains you can get an idea what it is with your own eyes not pictures. But antics is right the exact identity will never been know.

She is officially being flushed after a bunch of searching I found my answer just used regular tap water. About 10 min after putting it in the bubbler it got a lot stronger aroma not sure how to describe it maybe like fuel. What ever it is it smells potent and looks it to.
20141117_212016.jpg
20141117_212156.jpg
20141117_212225.jpg

I think this is going to be a long flowerer that clone was being force flowered about a week before I flipped other one. Just a few orange pistols and a lot of clear thrichoms yet, but it is swelling up real fat. The citrus smell from the clone smells really nice, excited to see how the mother turns out. Day 23 into 12/12.
20141117_213109.jpg
20141117_213117.jpg
20141117_213124.jpg

Most growers advise against using Miracle Grow. It poses a lot of problems, like when it's time to flush. Flushing just releases more nutes in their soils, where it's 1supposed to remove salts and excess nutes.
Got that part covered flush is going great. 6th day of flush Should be ready end of this week. How ever I am done with the mg.
20141123_214005.jpg

It sounds like that smell you were experiencing might have been diesel. I've smelled the same thing on some of my growing plants.

Plants look great, you're doing an amazing job :thumb:
Thank you Antics that means a lot to me especially after messing up my outdoor (first grow) this summer. However it was a learning experience so easy too love them to death by over reacting. Your new seedling is looking good been following your journal. I have also been playing with coco for a bit and from what I can see the differences in plants you will not be disappointed. I may still run a dwc now and then but I am going to go mostly coco I really am liking the benefits. Been doing drain to waste but hempy is looking rather appealing the more research I do.

Back
Top Bottom