Cheef's Bubblebucket Garden

Reefa Cheefa

Its time to start the new grow! I have the new room all set and ready to roll. My past grows were disappointing to me, I have to be honest with myself and admit I didn't try 100%. This grow however will be much different.

Strains- Original Blueberry
The Purps
A strain my friend created, a cross between white widow and white rhino, he calls it Jack Frost

This will be a simple DWC setup. I will have 2 6" airstones in each bucket. I have 5gallon buckets for flower and 3gallon bcukets for veg.

The plan is to make this a perpetual grow. I will be planting more every two weeks and harvesting about 3-4 plants every two weeks.

I will be using two 600 watt HPS for flower and a 8 bulb T5 for veg along with some CFL's for side lighting.

I currently have 12 babies under my T5 all about 2" tall. I will update with some pics when I get off work.

Hey Blacklips good to have you here, I can only hope my garden turns out half as nice as yours!

Thanks fluro, soil is all good :ganjamon: I just cant get enough of the bubbles :lot-o-toke:

Alright time to try and post some pics. I cant find my camera at the moment so my phone will have to do for now.
The baby girls...
IMG00008-20101008-1529.jpg

IMG00009-20101008-1530.jpg

IMG00017-20101010-1007.jpg

IMG00018-20101010-1008.jpg

IMG00019-20101010-1008.jpg

Supplies...
P10100712.JPG

A new toy...
IMG00004-20101002-2140.jpg

I'm about to pull everything out of the room and do a very good clean and spray some bug stuff. After I do that I can start setting up the rest and then I will post some more pics of the room.

CHEEF the set up is Looking Damn good! Are you going to do a weekly flush and rez change with just plain PH'd water? I highly recommend it ...

CHEEF the set up is Looking Damn good! Are you going to do a weekly flush and rez change with just plain PH'd water? I highly recommend it ...

You flush every week? Even in veg? I planned on flushing with ph'd water a few times in flower. Ill be doing rez changes every week for sure. Gotta keep the RNC all good... Maybe I should flush more, I dunno...

You flush every week? Even in veg? I planned on flushing with ph'd water a few times in flower. Ill be doing rez changes every week for sure. Gotta keep the RNC all good... Maybe I should flush more, I dunno...
I flush the grow medium and roots whenever I do a rez change..

O ya I see what your saying. That sounds like a good idea, ill be doing that for sure...
hell yea its easy to do also..This is what i do REEFA
take a plant and While your doing a rez change on the plant place it in a clean 5gal bucket while you empty it's rez . while the plant is in the empty clean bucket air bathing take another bucket of PH'd water about half full, i prefer a of PH5.6 and pour it threw the plants grow medium and roots until the run off is nice and clear and clean.. This will keep roots nice and clean and also help keep your medium clear of built up salts and PH imbalances and or nute lockout..
Well damn im stoned later!!!:ganjamon:

hell yea its easy to do also..This is what i do REEFA
take a plant and While your doing a rez change on the plant place it in a clean 5gal bucket while you empty it's rez . while the plant is in the empty clean bucket air bathing take another bucket of PH'd water about half full, i prefer a of PH5.6 and pour it threw the plants grow medium and roots until the run off is nice and clear and clean.. This will keep roots nice and clean and also help keep your medium clear of built up salts and PH imbalances and or nute lockout..
Well damn im stoned later!!!:ganjamon:
That's how I'll do it most likely. Its gonna be tough doing res changes for each bucket. Once I start taking clones I'm gonna have quite a few plants. At least 20 probably. Thanks for the advice blacklips
! Your great advice is always welcome.

look'in good Cheefa i'm in for this 1 :popcorn: :thumb:

Thanks ozric! I'm gonna try and post some pics of the girls when I get home. Some of them are taking off. I topped 4 or 5 of them a few days ago. I need to decide which girls will become the mothers soon and ill start flowering the other ones within a week or two...

Dang Reefa!!! That looks like a ton of work for the flushing/res changes. Good luck on getting a good efficient process together for it. Lookin good!
ThAnks Vaped good to have you here! It is a lot of work for sure, but I like every second of it.
Hey Cheef, trying to learn more about water culture grows, will set in on this if it is okay!
Hey Tmac thanks for stopping by! I hope you can learn a lot on this journey. I'm slacking on the pictures...been working a lot lately.

I'm about to fire up the 600 watters pretty soon. I think I've spotted which girls will become mothers.

Heres a quick update on the ladies. Some are growing faster than others... Some have exploded with growth and a few are growing rather slow. I topped 4 of them, I was going to top all of them but I decided to try a few different methods as well...
Some of the smaller girls...
IMG00027-20101022-0735.jpg

One of blueberries I topped...
IMG00030-20101022-0736.jpg

The largest girl so far...
IMG00025-20101021-1626.jpg

Good looking babies!
Thanks T!
Today is res change day, time to go destroy my back for the weekend. I think after my harvest I'm going to get drip lines going and try to figure out an easy drain/refill method for the buckets. Or I use an ebb n gro setup for flowering and just use DWC for my mothers. I don't want to switch from bubbles though... To me they grow the fastest this way, but I have never done an ebb n gro setup so I guess I don't really know.
Is is ebb n flo or ebb n gro? Lol I always get them confused.

Time to burn one, stay green my friends!:lot-o-toke:

just check'in in Cheef, look'in good :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom