Cherry Pie Autoflower

Cherry Pie Autoflower
Blimburn Seeds
Cherry Pie x The Fog x Ruderalis
80/20 indica heavy hybrid
Dominant Terpenes: Alpha-Humulene, Camphene, Linalool
THC: 21-25%
Blimburn harvest time: 9-11 weeks from seed

If you’re an indica fan or use indicas for specific purposes (pain, sleep, etc.) this is an amazing auto on many levels.

The one I grew and is discussed here was grown in a 7 gallon cloth pot, which contained coco/perlite/bokashi/frass/EWC. She was fed Prescription Blend nutrients in veg and Remo in flower. I used LST and created a plant that ended up about 3’ tall and had a 2.5’ wide canopy of huge, dense, colorful indica buds. Her root system would have filled a 10 gallon pot for sure grown in this way. She was hit with approximately 1200 ppfd of very red heavy full spectrum lighting from a 680 watt bar light.

Part of why her filling a 10 is true is because Blimburn, at least in this case, massively underestimated her time: this plant set an auto record for me at the time for days before showing budlets, at 63. For you auto growers, that’s a 63 day veg. Her total time was almost 130 days. That’s longer than many a
photo. I don’t know if this was simply an odd phenotype or of it’s representative of its normal growth pattern, but this one simply took forever before I took her at approximately 10% amber trichomes. She got bigger and bigger and her buds got so big she ended up smashed together under the canopy.

I jarred 10.5 ounces of buds like in the photos from this plant. I trashed about two ounces of flarfy buds from underneath. She was basically almost 3/4 of a pound of prime bud.

If you choose to grow this plant, she has extremely thick and unyielding branches. Once the stretch is over, they are so thick and hard they are next to impossible to change. I would suggest that you get your training right before the stretch, and make sure to spread her out between branches if you go the canopy route. All I did was top her above node four and spread her out as much as I could.

What I have left is now very well cured and is complete, mature bud that can compete with any photo indica out there. She specifically does NOT smell on the vine like she does after a cure. On the vine she smells fruity and dank. After a mature cure she is cheesy in the extreme to the nose, with a buttery and slightly fruity/dank background smell. The cheese is very prevalent, almost biting. It’s glorious. The taste is more on the earthy and berry side, but with a buttery, almost cake like, aftertaste on the exhale.

The buzz is unusual for an indica. This may be due to my preferred harvest time, I have no way to know having grown it once, but it hits initially very much like a sativa. It’s an initial explosion in the head, and it is extremely cerebral. Creative. Energetic. Not nearly like a chest binding sativa, but in a very comfortable and easy to mange way if that makes sense. I’m a musician, and for about twenty minutes it’s great bud to play on. Lol. After that the indica kicks in, and when it does it kicks like a mule. You are very indica stoned, the pain part kicks in, but you are still experiencing the sativa side enough that it can devolve into a giggle session. THC in my case is closer to the 25% than the 21%, I don’t test, but it hits pretty hard. A session is good for an hour or more easy. The relaxation effect is supreme. It is excellent before bed weed, just smoke it a half an hour before you want to sleep.

Here are a few pictures of the buds I ended up with, and pretty much every jar was full of buds like this. The cola tops in a canopy training style turn out quite consistent and very large.

I’d grow this again for sure. In fact, I am. My current grow has a Cherry Pie in a 3 gallon organic pot of soil. I wanted to compare to my first chemical grow.

IMG_5152.jpeg

IMG_5153.jpeg

IMG_5154.jpeg

Amazing ! I'm wondering how smelly this strain was in flower? Although Cherry Pie is not listed as a low odor strain, both Durban Poison and Grandaddy Purple are.. (Durban Poison x GDP = Cherry Pie)

There is a reality show, Belushi Farms and he grows Cherry Pie. Considering all the choices he has, there must be something special about this strain considering he chose it.

Belushi Cherry Pie

Love the bud pictures and your review of an auto, I may try this if it isnt overly loud during flower...

He said Cherry Pie helped him deal with his wife better. Then he got divorced.

Funny but I always see him smoking cigars on the show, I've never seen him smoke herbs... (I love a good Cigar as well)..

Poor guy jumped into a business at a terrible time, hopefully his show helps him make up for his costs. Weed is way too cheap these days, growers must be struggling. (80 bucks an ounce for decent weed where I live)

Its pretty obvious that the commercial growers are struggling these days and taking short cuts. Very few commercial growers are going for "Top Shelf" product, it just doesnt make financial sense to do so.

So, whats the solution? Grow your own and make it the best you can ! My homegrown buds blow the doors off all the commercial crap, because I can spend the extra time to do it right. It looks like the OP gets it, those buds look amazing !

Back
Top Bottom