The Professor Reviews Northern Lights From Sensi Seeds

Hey 420! Today I'll be reviewing a classic and that is the Northern Lights from Sensi Seeds. She's a mostly Indica strain that's designed with the indoor gardener in mind and can be grown by anyone. This strain is easy to grow as she is forgiving and hardy and as a result is perfect for new growers. She has good growth during veg and is easy to train making her work well in all kinds of setups. She would be perfect for SOG growing as she grows short with tight buds on packed colas. She has manageable side branches and a good leaf to flower ratio. Her buds are solid and very high quality with lots of crystals and a nice colour to them. She's a pretty fast strain being ready to harvest in around 9 weeks. She's supposed to be a low odour strain which is good for stealth grows but I'm not so sure. I'd still use a carbon filter as the one that I grew had a very familiar cannabis smell that I don't think would fool anyone. She has an earthy and floral scent which fills the room every time you open the jar. Straight off the plant she was very grassy and at first I was a little concerned that the cure wouldn't be enough to remove that fresh smell. She's curing lovely though and gets better every day. She tastes great. Very dank, earthy and a bit sweet with hints of caramel on the exhale. There is also fruity and floral notes within that change over the course of the joint. It's a very smooth full bodied smoke that didn't make me cough much at all so good for the winter when I start getting heavy lungs and can't handle as much smoke. Her buds grind up very well indeed and the result is light and fluffy bud that burn well when smoked in a joint. She has some reasonably predictable effects being a mostly indica strain though it's not all sleep and eat. It starts out quite jolly and functional and only gives in to her full indica experience sometime after being consumed. I found that I could get things done and feel relaxed but not lazy doing it. Then when you finally decide to give in at the end of the day she hits you with a great body stone that sticks you to whatever unfortunate piece of furniture you decided to park in. I took this one for an evening walk and found it to be enjoyable and not too taxing on the energy reserves. This strain can be quite sociable early on, then she mellows out and soothes your thoughts as you relax and get ready for sleep. Overall this is a great strain and I'd say that she's up there as one of the best for general use. She's considered an old strain now but I'd highly recommend trying this one if you've not already. Really easy to grow, great yields and high quality buds plus she tastes great and has pleasant and easy going effects. Wonderful strain....

Hey 420! Today I'll be reviewing a classic and that is the Northern Lights from Sensi Seeds. She's a mostly Indica strain that's designed with the indoor gardener in mind and can be grown by anyone. This strain is easy to grow as she is forgiving and hardy and as a result is perfect for new growers. She has good growth during veg and is easy to train making her work well in all kinds of setups. She would be perfect for SOG growing as she grows short with tight buds on packed colas. She has manageable side branches and a good leaf to flower ratio. Her buds are solid and very high quality with lots of crystals and a nice colour to them. She's a pretty fast strain being ready to harvest in around 9 weeks. She's supposed to be a low odour strain which is good for stealth grows but I'm not so sure. I'd still use a carbon filter as the one that I grew had a very familiar cannabis smell that I don't think would fool anyone. She has an earthy and floral scent which fills the room every time you open the jar. Straight off the plant she was very grassy and at first I was a little concerned that the cure wouldn't be enough to remove that fresh smell. She's curing lovely though and gets better every day. She tastes great. Very dank, earthy and a bit sweet with hints of caramel on the exhale. There is also fruity and floral notes within that change over the course of the joint. It's a very smooth full bodied smoke that didn't make me cough much at all so good for the winter when I start getting heavy lungs and can't handle as much smoke. Her buds grind up very well indeed and the result is light and fluffy bud that burn well when smoked in a joint. She has some reasonably predictable effects being a mostly indica strain though it's not all sleep and eat. It starts out quite jolly and functional and only gives in to her full indica experience sometime after being consumed. I found that I could get things done and feel relaxed but not lazy doing it. Then when you finally decide to give in at the end of the day she hits you with a great body stone that sticks you to whatever unfortunate piece of furniture you decided to park in. I took this one for an evening walk and found it to be enjoyable and not too taxing on the energy reserves. This strain can be quite sociable early on, then she mellows out and soothes your thoughts as you relax and get ready for sleep. Overall this is a great strain and I'd say that she's up there as one of the best for general use. She's considered an old strain now but I'd highly recommend trying this one if you've not already. Really easy to grow, great yields and high quality buds plus she tastes great and has pleasant and easy going effects. Wonderful strain....

Interesting way to roll a joint, never seen it done quite that way before. Nice frosty buds by the way.

Nice one Prof, an old favourite. Great for new growers too.
Enjoy your smoko champ.
Great review as always.... 10/10.
hahaha.

It's a good all round smoke and you can be lazy or sociable as is your wont. Drying out, mine was very pungent. It's an easy grow as well.
Agree. It's the reason it's still big on the circuit. Don't think she'll ever go away
Interesting way to roll a joint, never seen it done quite that way before. Nice frosty buds by the way.
thank you aphrodisia. It's the old UK method we used to use back when we were teens. There weren't any big smoking papers so we had to stick little ones together
Nice one Prof, an old favourite. Great for new growers too.
Enjoy your smoko champ.
Great review as always.... 10/10.
hahaha.
thanks Lowrider! I've got plenty more reviews coming up over the coming year. Next is Chocolate Mint OG followed by the Island Punch and then the Cheese N'Chong.
I'm enjoying one as we speak lol
:passitleft:

First, thank you for posting your strain smoke/grow/etc. reports. I try to hit the "Thanks" gizmo whenever I notice one, but felt like actually taking the time to type it out in your case, because you've posted a number of them in a short period of time.

Agree. It's the reason it's still big on the circuit. Don't think she'll ever go away

I used to deal (sell) a lot of cannabis back in the... well, for a lot of years (well beyond the statute of limitations now). I tried to have some variety of... er... varieties, but lots of people liked indicas and this was one of the "name brand" strains that were popular; probably because people knew what to call it as much as any other reason, but it was well liked, along with Bubble Gum. I vaguely remember one that was decent, one that was okay but didn't smell like much of anything other than "houseplant" (housetree? ;) ), and one that wanted to start flowering on its own. They were numbered - NL#2, NL#5, NL#9, something like that.

thank you aphrodisia. It's the old UK method we used to use back when we were teens. There weren't any big smoking papers so we had to stick little ones together

Licking one (long) edge of the paper and sticking it onto the opposite (long) edge works a treat, too, you end up with a nice cylinder that you can stand up and pour the ground bud into. Helps to stop two or three times and gently tamp it with the eraser end of a pencil or the like while you are filling it. Turns out even a small paper can hold a relatively substantial amount of cannabis - it's probably better for when the entire team ends up at your house after the game than when just the captain and coach stop by:rofl:. And it's kind of, well... you tend to inhale quite a bit at a time, so you might want to strap on the ol' safety belt first (coughing will ensue).

Next is Chocolate Mint OG followed by the Island Punch and then the Cheese N'Chong.

Do you take requests, lol?

Back
Top Bottom