The Professor Reviews Dieselicious From Freedom Of Seeds

Today I'll be reviewing the Dieselicious from Freedom of Seeds. She's a predominantly sativa hybrid that is a cross between Granddaddy Purple and New York City Diesel. Despite having the GDP in her genetics she's almost all sativa but retains the speed of the indica genetics finishing up in about 9 weeks. Very easy plant to grow so she would be great for beginners and pros who would be able to get the best from her. She's a beautiful plant with a mainly sativa appearance though she doesn't have long colas and instead has buds dotted up the stems. She's a fairly decent yielder and despite not having the best position in my tent still achieved a good weight. The smell of the finished buds is a fruity fuel, sweet, pungent and a bit sour. When you break open a bud the smell hits you immediately and is very satisfying. She tastes amazing. When you first light a joint it's not special at all. Kind of like any old weed. Then after about the third or fourth toke thing start to liven up a bit. There are so many subtle flavours that jump out at you. First there is a distinctly Diesel taste on the inhale that has a grape or blueberry undertone. It'll stay there until you breath out. When you finally decide to let go of the highly satisfying inhale it completely changes. On the exhale there is liquorice and and a really strong berry taste that seems to change over and over becoming sweet then tangy and even creamy. i would describe her as a dessert strain but a dessert that you'd have for breakfast which brings me on to her effects. She is a high energy strain that is potent and lasts for a good couple hours. After a couple miniuts of smoking I didn't notice much. I was feeling a bit high but it was nothing to shout about. By the time I had gotten to the end of the joint I felt generally excited and energetic. Chairs became my enemy and I felt the need to be constantly on the move. It was uplifting but at the same time my head felt full. It could be felt in my face and I think had I have been in a social situation I may have felt a bit uncomfortable. It mellowed out over the course of a couple hours but during that time it was quite intense. I'm normally an indica user and am a little sensitive to sativa effects so others may not feel awkward out and about. I had to counteract her effects by consuming another potent indica strain before I could sleep so don't use this one as a nighttime strain. Overall I'm very impressed with this strain and have enjoyed both growing her and sampling buds as they've cured. She is a perfect daytime smoke but maybe go easy if your are new to cannabis as she has an almighty kick that isn't obvious at first. She has excellent flavours and a warm heavy aroma. Good solid strain that I'd be delighted to recommend to anyone looking for an energetic and motivational experience. Time for some pics....

Back
Top Bottom