choking plants into more resin?

Ronnie

I've read this several times; the idea is after the final flush before harvest, intentionally not watering plants for 2 weeks--to the point of looking wilted-- to bake up more resin on the buds.
supposedly the mexicans that started migrating to the US in the 20s and 30s were growing here before it was deemed illegal, and it was a common practice for them. I tend to lean the way of the old growers on most things but have never tried this. anyone out there tried?

My thinking goes both ways on this subject. Think about an MJ plant in the wild. It's main goal is to propogate over as wide an area as possible. Most seeds pass through the digestive systems of amimals and birds unscathed, so why does the plant make resin in the first place? I've seen deer and cows get just as loopy as people from eating too much "loco weed". With that in mind, I would tend to agree w/your sources DR.Boomhauer; that as a last ditch effort to get their seeds spread around, MJ plants might produce more resin in end stage flowering. Someone please correct me if my logic is wrong or miss placed LOL
Good question and topic of discussion though Dr.
Vin

well fellas, it might be a big coinkidink but guess what. I planted some seeds from a baggie, not really knowing what they were and they're about 7 weeks into flowering. all this time no visible resin, even under a magnifying glass. I stopped watering about a week ago, been pretty dry here, and today for the first time I see a lot of resin through the glass AND with a naked eye. they're looking a little wilted so I'll water just enough to keep somewhat healthy. I'm about a week or so away from harvest. I'll keep updating.

no, but I'll get some pics and post 'em. pretty damn big difference in buds in a week. almost twice what there was on my last post, 4 days ago.

For max. stone I believe that a healthy plant that's getting the right amt. of nutrients, water, sun, etc. makes the most resin.
Witholding water at the end negatively affects the plant.
Fox max. resin production the plant needs to be healthy. Witholding water deprives the plant with the energy it needs for optimum results.
Poor growing conditions DO NOT aid in resin production. Pot is an annual. It KNOWS it will be dead soon, no matter what.

Pot ALWAYS makes a lot of resin the last week or so.

The only time I cut water is the day before I plan to harvest that plant.

Back
Top Bottom