Choosing Medium for Mother Plants

skinny-loc

Whats up readers:bong:. i am a first time grower. i ordered my seeds and from my calculations they shouldnt be here no later than tuseday. i have a total of 40 seeds (4 diff. strains) in which 30 are 100% feminized. although this is my 1st time growin im jumpin straight in to hydroponics. i have a flowering location of 9ftx10 and a walkin closet of 3x6 for veg. my plan is to keep 1 plant from each strain for mothers. in veggin room im using a homebuilt aeroponic system and for the flowering i got the GH aeroflo 36 and will be buyin another 36 through a friend doin the favor of payin for it to keep my face unfamiliar wit shop and ill be payin him back. my problem is knowing how to keep my mothers in soil? or in a 5 gallon bucket with 6" net pot nutes air pump n air stone? i want the easy living for my plants to give out good clones.. also when transferring my plants to flowering can i take clones off of them b4 switching light cycle to 12/12 using SOG method. becus the aeroflo will be keeping my plants close together. thanks for reading :peace:

So I won't be able to answer the hydro questions since I've never done that before. But if you decide to keep your mothers in soil I would suggest fox farms ocean forest potting soil. If you decide to do your mothers in soil it would be a lot easier to take care of them, even more so since you've never done a hydro grow before.

And yes you can take clones before going to 12/12. I would actually suggest you do that rather then take clones after introducing the 12/12. The reason being is taking a plant thats in 12/12 and moving back to vegetative growth will shock the plant and slow growth, if it isn't stopped all together for a few days. So clones will take longer to root compared to clones taken in the vegetative cycle.

thanks alot vexer u of great help bro. im guessin i should pick up some fox farm nutes too? oh yeah will a 5 gallon pot be alright to keep a mother for awhile?..thanks again for reading :rollit:

Yea for 6 months a 5 gallon will be fine, if its any longer you'll want something bigger. Give your mothers less nitrogen, because less nitrogen promotes rooting in clones, just by like 10% though. Yea I like the fox farm nutes and I get use their soil anyways so yea lol. Its up to you though, find something that you like. Always happy to help out. Green growing brother, peace :ganjamon:

alright vex sounds like a plan, im go with 5 gal. because i wanna change my strain probably every harvest so ill keep her for six than flower. stay true 2 da buddah:smokin:

Back
Top Bottom