Chopping fan leaves

I thought I remembered seeing that in Jorge Cervantes' Guide.. I'll have to check when I get home but I thought he mentioned something like that in there. Whether or not it's true is another thing though. It sounds like it makes sense a little bit.

Peace
It just makes it easier to harvest.
That much was true.

brettweiri: I think I read it out of the grow bible. If my memory serves me correct, its giving the signal to the girls to use that last bit of enery for the flowers and stressing her out to produce that last bit of energy. I'm an energy driven person so that part I was rolling with :rollit: and was kinda pressed for time because of frost scares. I wanted to get as much out of her as I could. Peace

once fan leaves start turning yellow the good stufff been taken out and sent elsewhere in the plant

if you do trim them offf early

leaving the fan stem on the bud and sticking out past it
like a sea urchin spine it'll
protect the bud surface a little from physical pollen/thc loss froim abrasion during the dry/cure process

ok, I'm going to quote out of the cervantes grow bible second edition. (well lets be honest i'm probably paraphrasing....)

stress CAN increase resin production, but DOES reduces yield.

removing large green shade leaves allows more light to shine on smaller leaves, but it also causes growth to slow and harvest to diminish. Remove only leaves that are more than half damaged by pest or diseases. Often, partially yellow leaves green up once stress is eliminated. Removing spindly, dimly lit lower branches stresses plants much less than removing leaves to speed growth of upper foliage.

Mutilating plants ... might increase resin production, but most often the stress retards growth and causes other problems.

In a ScroG, i've read to remove all the leaves below the canopy. Is this incorrect? I've read this in the Cannabis Grow Bible, and from that well known ScROG guy. shit I hope so, I already did, and have had no noticeable shock, or growth probs. Interested in more thoughts...
your fine. Anything below the canopy will not receive light and only block air flow.

Nope,
key is chilly night time temps,
Cannabis produces resin glands as protection from cold temps.

Cool. I did chop off all the fan leaves on one and left it out there for a day. Which I should have left out there atleast 2 weeks befor the chopping. Hey, it's my first time. I was in awwwwwww; :smokin: The shemale packed a nice couchlocked punch though. I left the other out there and it looks like the cold has stunted the growth a bit, if not completely. Not as many tri's or large buds either... O well ya live and ya learn, ya cure and ya burn :smokin: My bad for cultivating so late in the season.....

Thanks fellers for the enlightenment. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom