Church Set to Discuss Bible's Position on Pot

Weedpipe

420 Member
Colorado - Missio Dei Church will hold an open discussion on where marijuana fits in the church at 7 p.m. Feb. 3 at Mulligan's Pub, at 2439 S. College Ave.

The discussion is part of the church's monthly Theology Pub event.

The discussion, named "Can a Christian Smoke POT?", is designed to discover the biblical position on the use of medical marijuana as well obtain insight into the Christian position if marijuana becomes legal for recreational use.

"For too long, the church has ignored this topic, and we feel it is time to open up dialogue so that the members of the church know where they stand whatever the outcome might be," said Jason Laurie, a member of Missio Dei church and an organizer of the event.

Laurie said the meeting is designed not to solve the issue or create some dogmatic rule to follow, but rather to gather information from both sides so people can make an educated decisions on where they stand on the issue.
For more information on the meeting, visit MissioFC.com/theologypub or call the church at (970) 672-9139.

Missio Dei is a growing evangelical church in Fort Collins that meets at 6 p.m. Sundays at Evangelical Covenant Church, 4825 S. Lemay Ave. For more information on the church, visit Missio Dei, Fort Collins.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: The Coloradoan
Copyright: 2010 The Coloradoan

I watched the video on their website and they seem to be open to an honest discussion. I know that many evangelical churches are of the radical right and extremely narrow in their view of the world, but there is a growing openess in many evangelical churches to take a broader view of the world around them.
My own church teaches that it is a sin to smoke pot, but that position is held mainly because it is illegal. I am hoping that that view will change when pot becomes legal for medicinal and recreational use in this country.

Back
Top Bottom