Class 6 Felony for Possession in Arizona while having AZ Authorized MMJ Card?

phatgus

Hello everyone, didn't think this was going to be my first post on 420.... f'ing A here it goes. BTW appreciate all the information & experience that is on this site - all my lurking since joining has helped my grows - :thanks:.

We'll be consulting with a few Lawyers come next week, but was hoping to hear from anyone on the boards around in AZ - Sept of 2012 the Police had a "tip" that Marijuana was being grown. The City Police dept made a visit & "confiscated" all of the flowers - just harvested a few days before the visit. The flowers were from the 6 allowed plants, but were not dried & smoke-able as the "law" defines, however the weight would have gone down if allowed to cure/dry and the plan was to donate the over grow to other qualified patients. So she has looking at a Felony Possession charge now.... I'm so bummed as she's a bad ass chick - taking it all on her own as I was at work when this all went down, so that even makes this even worse. They didn't give a report number or leave an inventory of what was "confiscated".... so we're now waiting on the copy of the Police Report.

The City has not brought the charges but the County Attorneys Office has - one would assume that they would have fined the patient instead of bringing criminal charges as there are fines for obtaining more than 70g in 2 weeks from a Club/Dispensary under the AZDHS guidlines/rules/laws - but that's crooked AZ Government right there; State Law is good for them when it suits what THEY WANT, but the AZ State Approved Medical program is not ok & they want to follow Federal Law now?

If anyone out there has any insight or had the luxury of this experience in AZ - got any suggestions or can you share your experience?

Thanks,

Phatgus
SignOn.org - Recall Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery

Back
Top Bottom