Clone from Mature plant?

grofox

Hello All,

I was given one white widow (I think, purple-ish leaves & huge buds). I am about 6 weeks into the 9 weeks of budding.

I do Hydro, and would like to somehow revert the plant from the bud state back to the veg state, so I can make baby clones.

I am hoping I can cut the buds off at the end of budding, and then maybe pot the plant as a mother in foxfarm dirt.

Do I have to leave some buds on the plant? After all the buds are cut, the plant would be stem only.

How would I go about this...

Thanks

Here's my advice:

Search: "How to re-veg a marijuana plant" ... the process of re-vegging can be done after harvest but I don't know much about it.

Google it and tell us what you find. I do know that it takes the plant many weeks to revert back to the veg stage after you cut the buds off and put it back to 18/6 or 24/0 depending on what your preference is..... but it will indeed work.

The part that scares me is taking your hydro plant and trying to transplant it to dirt. That will be a tall order with a root mass the size that you'll have. Think of that?

Keep me posted and best of luck.

ok, googled like you said...read about 5 forums and one from here, too.

The end result is that everyone says to cut your buds, and leave the lower third of the plant, the main stem should be cut below most of the side stems.

The plant should also have some leaves and maybe some of the lower smaller buds left on too.

They all talked of replanting in dirt...no one explicitly addressed if in hydro...I will probably replant in foxfarm dirt.

They also note that you should probably trim about a third of the lower rootball, since it will want to feed like a full plant, and this will cause stress.

about 2 weeks to get sprouts, and about another 2 weeks to start taking clones...

I will try this...

one more...one guy said the resulting buds were not as good, and another said everytime you re-veg, it gets better...so who knows...

Thanks

after harvest if you are going to re-vegg. add nitrogen since the plant should have nitro difficancy a n cannibalizing itself. ive re-vegg. and never addend anything and it did fine though.

Back
Top Bottom