Cut out mold on mature plant

Honest al

420 Member
I have cut this plant way back below the Mold that was just starting in the buds . Now I have a large bag of buds and would like to use it in someway, any ideas of course I would cut the visual Mold out of the bud . If I could make cookies can I first dry it in the oven or use the hang method ? Thanks

I have cut this plant way back below the Mold that was just starting in the buds . Now I have a large bag of buds and would like to use it in someway, any ideas of course I would cut the visual Mold out of the bud . If I could make cookies can I first dry it in the oven or use the hang method ? Thanks
:welcome: to :420: Al:passitleft:...

I would hang it, but, I would do it in my garage as to not let those mold spores fly free in my house :thedoubletake: the best way to keep that from happening is to put a couple fans on your girls :thumb: mold spores can't attach if they can't stop floating, 2 good fans running 24/7 in all 3 of my tents :snowboating:

I’d recommend washing them with h202 solution prior to hanging. I’d do that for all of your grow. The spores will be everywhere even though you can’t see them.

Bud Washing

3% H202 solution. Mix it 1 part to 3 part water. Typically in 5 gallon buckets, if your doing your whole grow. It will kill any residual mold. The water has no effect on your trichomes which are oil based. They don’t mix. If you’ve ever tried cleaning an oil based paint brush with water, it’s like that. Doesn’t clean. It’s worthwhile reading the string.

Didnt even know you could salvage buds that have rotted ... just chopped mine and found a load so just chucked them

Didnt even know you could salvage buds that have rotted ... just chopped mine and found a load so just chucked them
I don’t think you can. I wouldn’t anyway. I value my health. We’re talking about areas visually unaffected. You can kill the spores.

3% H202 solution. Mix it 1 part to 3 part water. Typically in 5 gallon buckets, if your doing your whole grow. It will kill any residual mold. The water has no effect on your trichomes which are oil based. They don’t mix. If you’ve ever tried cleaning an oil based paint brush with water, it’s like that. Doesn’t clean. It’s worthwhile reading the string.

Mold is a fungus. Fungal fibers can be microscopic.
They can grow right through tissue, span large gaps and spread trillions of seeds through the air before you even know they are there.
Take the risk of smoking mold if you want or use an actual microscope (not 60x loupe) to verify its safe of contaminants.
Infected buds can be turned into bubble hash safely.

Back
Top Bottom