Mold on grodan cubes

El Gusanito

The clones I got came inn 6" rock cubes took and cut 3" off bottom and used 4" can to cut the plug out of the cube and put in 4" tee that. I have 4 tees glued in a row with elbows and drain fittings the whole thing is filled 12 liters of hydrotons they are drained and filled 4 times a day the water is phd to 5.8-6.3 only using a half dose of nutes.
this morning the mold is bad the ones with it looking whimpy. Treated with 2 oz of hydrgenperoxide the top are open right now I will make covers for them.
Covers made took cd's cut a slit in them and put around the clone shiny side up.
IS THIS NORMAL FOR THEE CUBES TO MOLD UP???

this is where pics are truly worth a thousand words. is it really mold or green algae? if you cut of light exposure it will get rid of algea. be careful with the peroxide- its caustic to young roots

here are the picts put new cd covers on them all also change fluid in hydro and phd to 5.8 -6.3 no nutes yet but will ad 1/2 portion of fox farms.2 6" air stones and well water 390 ppm and a ph of 6.9 running with 8Xt5 60k

new_hydro_2-11_033.jpg

new_hydro_2-11_035.jpg

new_hydro_2-11_037.jpg

belive that this is a ph issue only bean in for a week have had small swings in ph trying to keep closer eye on it.

changed the water used a leach agent and flushed very well with lots of water. refilled with phd water with 1/2 nutes to start with and see how they start doing checking ph regularly also change water to 8 times a day.
ran 4 cycle with no ph change but will keep a eye on it still.

Back
Top Bottom