Clone quetion

Cannabol

Hi everyone, i have a question about cloning. I have 4 motherplants (about 6 month old and healthy) Above 1x 600 HPS.
After about 5 days my fresh clones start to get yelow right in the top. After 3 days more some of them get brown and die.
I put the clones far away from the lamp (about 2,5 meter)
I water the rockwool every 3 days in pure tapwater (23 C)
Humidity around 70%
Roomtemp about 27 C at daytime and 18 C at nicht.

Do i have to use nutrients if i water fresh clones?
Do i have to presoak (Ph) the rockwool before i put in the clones?

Hope someone can help me out, thanks!

you should always presoak the rockwool cubes with 1/4 strength of bloom nutes. Rockwool is inert and hold no nutrients naturally. The plants need food from somewhere after all.

I always thought the purpose of soaking Rockwool was to lower it's pH. I soak mine for 24 hrs in a 5.1 pH solution prior to using. Of course I rinse it with half strength nutes immediately prior to inserting clones or seeds.

I just start cloning and use only tap-water (EC0.35 Ph 7,2) The first few dozen clones rooted well but the last weeks i get some problems.
I not use a dome for the clones and the light they get is from the HPS from the mother's.

Now i change pre-soak with lower Ph and 1/4 strength of bloom. I allready buy more lamps. I don't know the name in English but i mean the thin and long one (TL in Dutch)

In the OG FAQ's update i read that almost everyone use a dome for clones. I think this will be my next step.

I always thought the purpose of soaking Rockwool was to lower it's pH. I soak mine for 24 hrs in a 5.1 pH solution prior to using. Of course I rinse it with half strength nutes immediately prior to inserting clones or seeds.

Well I omitted the lower PH because I was stoned as hell and not thinking right. But in reality you soak for both purposes. Lower PH to stabilize the alkaline rockwool and weak nutrient strength to provide a food source. You use bloom nutes in the rockwool to start with because the phosphorus and potassium are better root builders than nitrogen are. I soak mine for 24 hours in a 400 PPM bloom nutes with a 5.5 PH.

when i do clones i use the peat pellets that you get wet and they expend, i cut the clone immediately drop it into a pale of water right after cutting it then take the clone out of the water dip it into the rooting medium and stick it into a peat pellet, once your done cloning make sure the clones are all sitting in a tray of water about half way up the peat pellets, cover it with a clear lid of some sort and put it in the dark for 2 or 3 days then plant them into small pots, after that they should be fine to stick under a strong light

you should always presoak the rockwool cubes with 1/4 strength of bloom nutes. Rockwool is inert and hold no nutrients naturally. The plants need food from somewhere after all.

The last week i pre-soak the rockwool Ph5.5 and about 400ppm of bloom nutes. At this moment it look very well. Nice green baby's with healthy white roots.
Thank's for help me!!

Back
Top Bottom