Cloning in water

Just a note, change your water every few days, especially if you see algae growing. The algae won’t hurt, but when it dies, it will rob the oxygen in the water that the clone needs
Yes for sure. I just put new water in it this morning. Do you just leave in the window like in the pic? Or under a light?

Actually, I recently watched a video of the professor who started Appogee and one of his topics was in regards to cloning. He was saying to use more light and thinking back at the various times I have cloned successfully, I had higher light levels.

I have a few cuttings in a bottle, in the MC feed I give my girls, and sitting on my well head.

Just wanted to see if they would root in a nutrient solution and so far so good, lotsa root nodules started.

I'm not 100% sure it was him

That sucks, because it's generally not all that difficult to encourage asshole neighbors to move away. Or even to get others to do the work for you. For example, if the guy is married and ever drives his wife anywhere, get a pair of panties (used, if at all possible) and drop them between the passenger door and seat. Most of the time, the ex-wife gets awarded the house ;) .

That sucks, because it's generally not all that difficult to encourage asshole neighbors to move away. Or even to get others to do the work for you. For example, if the guy is married and ever drives his wife anywhere, get a pair of panties (used, if at all possible) and drop them between the passenger door and seat. Most of the time, the ex-wife gets awarded the house ;) .
Haha that would be hilarious! Buddy is just about to run for city council too.

They look good - I've tried all the fancy methods - cut on an angle, scrape the stem, keep in a humid dome, bottom heat, rooting powder - nuffin' worked!!! The only two that have ever worked was your method!!
Right now I'm trying air rooting - leave the branch intact, scrape it a little, bit of powder and then I take a flip top container that screws come in, grind out a slot about the size of the branch on opposing sides, dampen some rock wool, place in container, position around branch, bit more wool on top, close lid and wait. I will make a small hole in the lid so I can add water if needed.

They look good - I've tried all the fancy methods - cut on an angle, scrape the stem, keep in a humid dome, bottom heat, rooting powder - nuffin' worked!!! The only two that have ever worked was your method!!
Right now I'm trying air rooting - leave the branch intact, scrape it a little, bit of powder and then I take a flip top container that screws come in, grind out a slot about the size of the branch on opposing sides, dampen some rock wool, place in container, position around branch, bit more wool on top, close lid and wait. I will make a small hole in the lid so I can add water if needed.
Like to see a picture of that

Here ya go @Foster420 ....

air root.jpg

Mainly, I just wanted to see if it worked - This way I can check on any progress and these branches were a bit of a "throwaway" being at the bottom.

So the roots stay inside the screw box?
Yes, I sure hope I would transplant before they try to escape!! I'm generally not patient so as soon as I detect roots they're in dirt!!
I've only done this once before and it worked so...may as well try again!!

Back
Top Bottom