Closet grow ventilation/atmospheric control question

TIDALWAVE

How important is it to be drawing air in from outside compared to my house?

My box temps stay between 67-79

RH% 38%-58%

LED lighting in a sealed box with a 4"inline booster fan for the intake & exhaust. Both are mated to carbon scrubbers. If the only argument is more Co2, then I can compensate for that seeing as I am already introducing Co2 into the atmosphere. If it's not something I can directly control inside of my box for a reasonable price then I'm all ears and would love some info.

Thank you for any advice!

What are the dimension for the grow box? I have a small grow my self. I've heard of using yeast as fuel for a Co2 generator, or some products that you buy to hang inside a grow.You can also get tanks and controllers for a small grow. I have (2) - 32oz of Co2 tanks, and regulator with a solenoid. It came off my aquarium. I have a small grow fridge, hoping it works for my grow. Did you find anything your self about any good Co2 that are on the market?

What's up KalifaKush! My grow box is 72"h 36"wide and 22" deep, the bottom 16" are used for seedlings/supplies and is sealed off from the upper portion of the grow cabinet. I'm trying to understand everything about Co2 and it's reaction with the plant so really the measuring side of things is where my questions pop up. And also after thinking about it, introducing outside air into a box that I worked so hard to seal would be a waste when I could control Co2 myself.

How long will 64oz last you and how big are the plants?

There are a lot of good Co2 systems out there and I've looked at a few as well as a couple of other Co2 options but I spent a fair amount to build this box right and so now I'm getting stingy with the wallet. Thinking about fabricating a tray that runs around the 3 constant walls of the box and filling the tray with dry ice. Shut the fans off, let the lights build up a lil extra heat in the box then put the dry ice in the trays and let it fall on the plant for a few hours.

What's up KalifaKush! My grow box is 72"h 36"wide and 22" deep, the bottom 16" are used for seedlings/supplies and is sealed off from the upper portion of the grow cabinet. I'm trying to understand everything about Co2 and it's reaction with the plant so really the measuring side of things is where my questions pop up. And also after thinking about it, introducing outside air into a box that I worked so hard to seal would be a waste when I could control Co2 myself.

How long will 64oz last you and how big are the plants?

There are a lot of good Co2 systems out there and I've looked at a few as well as a couple of other Co2 options but I spent a fair amount to build this box right and so now I'm getting stingy with the wallet. Thinking about fabricating a tray that runs around the 3 constant walls of the box and filling the tray with dry ice. Shut the fans off, let the lights build up a lil extra heat in the box then put the dry ice in the trays and let it fall on the plant for a few hours.

Hey bro, here is the breakdown of most plant dry make up by percentage.
Carbon - 45
Oxygen - 45
Hydrogen - 6
Nitrogen - 1.5
Potassium - 1.0
Calcium - 0.5
Magnesium - 0.2
Phosphorous - 0.2

Sulfur - 0.1
Plants like us humans need an air source to sustain life. Carbon isn't needed at night time but Oxygen is. Plants only intake Co2 in the day time. The benefits of Co2 are bigger yields. Lusher plants. I don't want to get into details about chemistry with Co2. I have my Co2 tanks ready but haven't tried them out yet on my personal grow. As far as my planted fish tank I had 24 x 24 x 24" Cube about 27gallons and it was full of plants. I would uses up about 32oz in about 6 months. So Im hoping it would do find in my chamber. Ill keep you posted. My grow is starting around Jan 1st.
Any Ideas what strains your going to grow?

Sour D for this grow. I started my seeds 2 weeks ago so I have time to play around with ideas and I have great ventilation just need the Co2. I've read a lil on the chemistry and I understand not wanting to go into it lol... I appreciate the incite bud and definitely keep me updated! I just started growing for myself so obviously I'm still learning as I go

Pull the air from your house
You, pets, are the co2 generators
Pulling air from outside makes you dependent on the outside air temp
Since LEDs throw off less heat your internal home temps will
Be able to be managed better with the home interior atmosphere.
I have had very success grows with hps where my box temps were 85~90f
Daily.
LEDs make this much easier to handle
And the added co2 from inside Is just a plus.
Pax

Back
Top Bottom