Cloudy days indoors?

Jackalope

I have work being done on the electricity for a day or 2. I have battery back up power to run my carbon filters. It will be to late for the answers to matter but I am curious what people think of my plan.

Only one tent is in flower where it may matter. I know a day or 2 of F**ked up lighting isn't going to screw things up too bad. I still want to avoid any problems I can. That got me thinking. Cloudy days happen. As long as plants see some light they know it is day time. I am going to put a low power light bulb in the tent to replace the big lights. It will run on the same timer as the big lights for 2 days. Pretty much like a cloudy days for the plants. "I will be able to recharge batteries during the night" The amount of power to run a small light should not add to much draw on the battery.

I am doing this today so any responses won't be in time to change things. I am just curious what people think. Is creating a cloudy indoors going to work? Is this sound thinking?

i would reroute the fuse box so that one room still has power which would allow the light to be on while you are doing your electrical work. Once your done with the rest then you can shut down the electricity to that room while you do you work in that room. You can grab an cable extension to bring power from a diff place.

Everything went good with the battery back up. The battery that ran the light and the fan had plenty of power to last the whole day. My house didn't smell like a dispensary so the charcoal filters did their job.

PK1, No way to redirect power. They had to rewire the lead going into the house. I installed a Generac generator for full power back up. How the trailer was connected to the pole was one of the problems. They had to reroute it under the trailer and up through the wall to the breaker box. All that had to be done before we could wire in the generator.

On the bright side. My 200 amp breaker box is now being powered by a 200 amp breaker on the pole. Before I only had 50 amp breaker on the pole. It won't solve any of my power problems but it is done right now. That matters more to me. I never popped the 50 amp breaker. My house isn't using to much power. The breakers I pop are the 10 amp breakers that run the lights and the plug ins. I may bump these breakers up to 15 amp in the future. I still need to do some checking on it. A friend brought it up and I still need to do some checking before I do it.

.........The breakers I pop are the 10 amp breakers that run the lights and the plug ins. I may bump these breakers up to 15 amp in the future. I still need to do some checking on it. A friend brought it up and I still need to do some checking before I do it.
The electrician I know already looked at my grow room and will add in an additional circuit for me. He did suggest a 20 amp if I wanted since he believes he has one or two in his parts box. Depending on hunting weather he might be stopping by to do the work late next week.

I could use a trusted electrician LMAO. I don't happen to know any electricians near enough to have them inspect my set up. Best I can do is try and keep power levels as low as I can.

I always thought a Craigs list type wed site would be cool. A place where growers could hire Electricians, Plumbers and all the other skilled laborers that they need. It will never happen but it sure would be nice. My handy man skills are basic but they get me through LMAO.

The wiring is not my problem. It is the circuit breaker box; I do not have training or experience to know what I am looking at or what to do, safely, to connect everything together at that point.

The breaker box is in the grow room and my thoughts are to have the new circuit just feed the new outlet boxes that will power the new flowering tent. Lights, fans and charcoal filter fans with some electrons left over.

He gave me some Papaya seeds awhile back. I grew several plants, gave him some to cover the seeds and will give him what he wants from the left over Papaya buds that are currently sitting in a Mason jar. Oh, and he likes Yuengling's Black and Tan brew so I bought some the last time we did an afternoon drive to Toledo, OH.

Back
Top Bottom