CO2 for every one for about $3 dollars

Umm.. That's carbolic acid you're spraying on the plants, and I haven't seen a single credible resource that shows this is any different then spraying water on your plant.

it was just plain soda water, nothing special. if you want to try this method, spray some on a easy to clean surface and let it dry first to see if it leaves a residue.

it was just plain soda water, nothing special. if you want to try this method, spray some on a easy to clean surface and let it dry first to see if it leaves a residue.

Probably had a sweetener in it, but i'm persnally really sceptical about using CO2 in water since it forms a acid and should send our pH level way off. I'll keep it in mind to check for residue tho, did you notice any change in growth when you watered them with it ?

Probably had a sweetener in it, but i'm persnally really sceptical about using CO2 in water since it forms a acid and should send our pH level way off. I'll keep it in mind to check for residue tho, did you notice any change in growth when you watered them with it ?

Well, I only sprayed the foliage with the soda water, I've been using Deep Water Culture, and I wouldn't even think about adding it to my reservoir. Soil is a lot more accepting when it comes to adding sugars, molasses, and whatever else, still I don't think watering with soda water would have much of an effect, from what I understand, roots need oxygen, not co2. I've tried a few different small scale co2 methods, and what I like best is using yeast and sugar water.

examples of the yeast and sugar water thing on youtube
YouTube - co2 generator

Soil/Soilless mix buffers nutrients, where as hydro doesn't. I did read somewhere that someone was using this method to get rid of molds by lowering the ph on the leaves below the growing level by using plain carbonated water (nothing else is in it.. no sugars, etc).

Back
Top Bottom