Coast to coast and 30 years later...

bbugg

Greetings!

I am one of those aging hippies who are crawling out of the woodwork these days. A recreational user in my salad days, I have now become sick enough to qualify for a medical Marijuana card here in Oregon. That first legal toke was amazing...pot without paranoia tastes very different!

I grew up just outside of Philly, and my memories of wandering red-eyed down South Street are golden. JFK and Spectrum concerts, long hot days down the shore...and the ultimate munchie - Tastykake Butterscotch Krimpets.

Since moving to the West Coast, I have discovered an entirely new cannabis culture - the attitudes and acceptance out here are pure, sparkling water to a cotton-mouthed old lady and I bless all who have made cannabis so much a part of everyday everything here. So, how best to express my gratitude?

By becoming the Information Manager for Southern Oregon NORML, based in Medford, OR. We are working for legalization as we are providing support for Oregon Medical Marijuana Patients. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it :laughtwo:

I hope to be able to contribute something positive to this forum when time permits. In the meantime...to quote Nurse Ratched and the ward crew... "Medication time" :yummy:

bbug it is great to have u here and let me be the first in the 420Mag family to:welcome:you.

We at 420Mag are here to spread Cannabis Awareness and information across the world. If there is anything we can assist you with just let us know. I have heard and read how MMJ is almost an established norm in the West while here in the East it is still subject to many ignorances and prejudices. Love the story about the Spectrum and South Street and your favorite munchie I had a good laugh.

That first legal toke was amazing...pot without paranoia tastes very different!
I can only image the bliss! :grinjoint:
We are working for legalization as we are providing support for Oregon Medical Marijuana Patients. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it

:thanks: for being a soldier in the war for common sense.
We will win with a few more men and women leading the way. :cheer:
So :welcome: bbugg to the 420Magazine forums.
Thank you for joining us.
420 has been creating cannabis/hemp awareness for almost two decades. :grinjoint:
I hope you will visit us and post often.
:peace:

High bbugg :welcome:
Very Happy you are here with us on 420. :cheer:
Thank you joining.

Do You know? or should get to know Stoney Girl,
Stoney Girl appointed to Pain Management Sub-Committee

She has a very loud voice for your State.

You will soon see you are not alone here, being a Proud Hippy and fighting to Legalize this Wonderful Plant.
There are many here like you, who now turn to Cannabis as a Much needed and safe effective alternative Medicine .
Please Continue to :surf: the forums to meet us all.
If can help you in any way with Questions about this Great Community of 420. Please ask.
We will be looking for you in the forums. :peace:
:rollit:

Welcome bbug, I also grew up outside of philly but have spent many many nights on south street and at the grand view suites and Blew a many tree in the wind in the city of brotherly love.... Glad to hear your the Information Manager for Southern Oregon NORML and spreading good things about how medical MJ is very useful in patients with pain relief. I'm praying that our state legalizes it to be legal to smoke for pain. Who would I talk to, to find out what to do to help get my state to reconize the benefits of MJ. I'm from the first state.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom