Coco ebb flow?

Fulltimefarmer

hello,
first time grower sort of. First time using coco, other grows have been in dwc, soil, and ebb flow in tubes.

question on feeding/watering. I have some gurls seemingly doing well, but want to optimize. At first I was hand watering every time they seemed to lighten up and growing was slow. the girls of the same clones in a dwc setup were out growing them 2:1. and I got tired of watering, so I added a res under the coco pot, with the pot above the water line. And a small pump with a drip @4gpm. Watered twice a day. Growth got better. But it eventually evolved into a full pump power, 6-8 times a day for about 15 mins per watering session. I’d ask if this is too much, but the girls tell me it isn’t, but I wonder if the schedule shoukd be tweaked now that it’s in flower. (The smaller of the two is about 3 weeks behind in veg time but the veg tent ran out of space.) bigger one was in veg for about 8 weeks, but about 3 of that was fighting off root rot in an ebb and flow tube setup. Big one has been in flower about 12 days.

AE2D7447-A850-40D0-BEFD-C133E67729A0.jpeg

hello,
first time grower sort of. First time using coco, other grows have been in dwc, soil, and ebb flow in tubes.

question on feeding/watering. I have some gurls seemingly doing well, but want to optimize. At first I was hand watering every time they seemed to lighten up and growing was slow. the girls of the same clones in a dwc setup were out growing them 2:1. and I got tired of watering, so I added a res under the coco pot, with the pot above the water line. And a small pump with a drip @4gpm. Watered twice a day. Growth got better. But it eventually evolved into a full pump power, 6-8 times a day for about 15 mins per watering session. I’d ask if this is too much, but the girls tell me it isn’t, but I wonder if the schedule shoukd be tweaked now that it’s in flower. (The smaller of the two is about 3 weeks behind in veg time but the veg tent ran out of space.) bigger one was in veg for about 8 weeks, but about 3 of that was fighting off root rot in an ebb and flow tube setup. Big one has been in flower about 12 days.

AE2D7447-A850-40D0-BEFD-C133E67729A0.jpeg
Welcome friend. :welcome: Beautiful garden you have going.
I'm not 100% sure of your question. If your asking about watering in flower at first they will drink slower because 12 hrs of darkness. As soon as they start stretching they will drink more. Hope that helps. If not be more specific about your question. :thumb:

Yeah basic question is how often is ”normal” for similar types of setups. I feel like they could be fed more often, because I haven’t seen any signs of stress/burn. Right now it’s 6x a day for 15 mins at around 160gph. And 2x for 30mins. Current ppm is around 800 using gh nutes. Lurking on the forum I see recommendations of 2x a day with coco setups. Which seems absurd.

Another pic of the base right after some clipping before the 12/12 switch. And how sad she looked in her initial sewer pipe home
54C85C64-7A21-4CFE-9C6A-E655C83938D1.jpeg
092E990B-0106-41D4-BB86-D9A55FE6E345.jpeg
6 x a day seems more than enough. I think the twice a day recommendations are a bare minimum.
Hopefully someone with that setup can comment. My girls are in coco and I hand water only once a day.

6 x a day seems more than enough. I think the twice a day recommendations are a bare minimum.
Hopefully someone with that setup can comment. My girls are in coco and I hand water only once a day.
Yeah I only water once a day in veg (sometimes every other day if it’s a larger pot) and then twice a day about halfway though flower. Sometimes 3x. Drain to waste though...22 plants in a 2x2. Lol... my early veg tent.
DBEAF6CF-DBD0-442C-A172-7B509D12D94E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom