Cold Roots Help Please!

GrownSavage

Hi All!

I have a problem with my grow where my root temp is getting beow 10 degrees C with lights off I am sure this will be causing me some sort of problem even if it is just slowing down the grow,

I am growing a in 0.8 x 0.8 x 1.6 meter tent 3 pants in soil (Bat Special) 5 gallon pots.
I am hoping a more experienced member may be able to give me some advice of a way of getting the heat up with lights off, I have no room inside tent for any oil heat/electric fan heater I have tried a vivarium heat mat which did raise temps but only by a few degrees at bottom of pot.
Should of said a short term fix should do me for now I have managed to get this far I am currently 16 days in 12/12 but temps are getting really low as of past could of nights, and I will be getting a bigger tent for next Grow,

Was wondering is this some sort a bulb I can use which will emit heat instead of light? (sounds silly now I read back that last sentence)

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Grown!

A green incandescent bulb might work, it will give off heat and if it is the correct spectrum and only green light is emitted, then there should be no issues with your ladies during lights off.

Thanks Colorado high I will have look into those now,

Grown!

Is it possible to put something beneath your grow tent? Some sort of insulation, or maybe just raising the tent from the ground?

I have my pot raised from the floor with 2inch squared wood, but I am looking for a way of raising temperature,

Grown!

reptile heating pad

DN

I have tried that as we'll worked fine for vegging but the 12 hours of cold was just to much for it.

Cheers DN

Grown!

Just looking at a ceramic heat emitting bulb? Anyone used these for there grow? I believe it is infrared light is this dangerous for plants?

Grown

DigitalNomad knows whats up! I use reptile heating pads as well. They put off gentle heat. If you could somehow raise your pots about an inch then you can put reptile heating pads underneath them.
I had a grow in a closet once that had really cold night temps so I wrapped my pots with an electric blanket. I took every safety precaution possible as well.
I've also heard of using wooden boxes with a standard incandescent lamp inside and putting the pots on top of the warmed wooden boxes.
There are tons of options and you may just have to get creative.
Right now I use an oil filled radiant heater to keep my night temps up in my grow room.
I personally would stay away from exposed light sources like green lamps or infrared heat lamps during the night cycle as you don't know exactly all the light spectrums emitted and possibly stressing the plants into hermies.

Try placing 2'' of styrofoam underneath the pots. Cut several holes for drainage. Build sides off of the base to make a box around the pots, you can glue on the sides. Make a styrofoam top by slitting it in half and cut out a hole for the main stem. Styrofoam is a great cheap insulator from cold & is way cheaper than expensive reptile mats.

Thanks guys

I went and brought myself a trace heater with a thermostat on working great!

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom