Colorado: County Puts Limit On Number Of Medical Marijuana Plants People Can Grow

Radogast....thanks for your PM! They won't let me reply with a PM until I have something like 55 posts but wanted you to know I got your PM and appreciate your advice and experience!

I've looked at the index in the "How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!" thread and it might just outweigh Jorge's Encyclopedia! My first question is...how come if marijuana is a weed it doesn't grow like a weed? I'm getting a little discouraged just reading all the particulars. It's pretty overwhelming. I think I'll prolly start with seeds. I don't want to ruin a bunch of expensive clones.

I've looked at the index in the "How to Grow Marijuana - Everything You Need to Know!" thread and it might just outweigh Jorge's Encyclopedia! My first question is...how come if marijuana is a weed it doesn't grow like a weed? I'm getting a little discouraged just reading all the particulars. It's pretty overwhelming. I think I'll prolly start with seeds. I don't want to ruin a bunch of expensive clones.

I am not growing it like a weed, ut I am growing it like a tomato plant.

There are all kinds of things you CAN do, but if you have good light, temperature, water and humidity you can grow very good weed in average soil without special nutrients. You can grow EXCELLENT weed in very good soil if your water and environmentals are good.

I think growing good weed is about the same as growing good tomatos, it's just harder to know when to chop them.
There is nothing wrong with a pot plant in a window in a pot of potting soil, except someone might steal it or call the cops.

Like a tomato plant. I even have trouble keeping those alive. ha!

I have a sign that says, "No Sniveling" but I think there's going to be lots of sniveling before my first crop comes in. :)

But I have to admit your post is encouraging. That helps!

Clones are not legally available in my state, so I can't talk about buying clones. I make clones for my own use.
For a first grow, I suggest you buy them with visible roots or with a 20-day guarantee.

If you want to grow PREMIUM weed to make your friends jealous, check out any of the journals that say Hi-Brix (except SweetSue's Hi-Brix journal, we love her, but she bends the rules and her thread is a madhouse - over 200 pages, growing 3-5 pages a day.)

Doc Bud's Hi-Brix system gives exact instructions (7-gal pots) on what to buy, how to water, how to fertilize, what amounts and times. The price is less than you will spend with bottled nutrients and the results are fantastic. It may be confusing at first, but if you start a journal with Hi-Brix in the title, growers experienced in the system will be by to help.

If you do Hi-Brix or Build a Soil, you can start by purchasing soil ingredients then shop for seeds and clones.

If you want to grow a small amount of good weed in a small space, you might want to buy good autoflower seeds.
For example: Big Bud and Bomb seeds seem to be reliably good yield in a short amount of time and small space. There are other good choices.

If you want to grow a pair of 4 oz plants in 7' high space, go for good feminized seeds. The quality of seeds matter.
For example: An easy to grow, good yield, high CBD, good THC strain is Blue Blood
For easy to grow high energy, high THC: I had good luck with AK47. For couchlock: White Widow.

They each take the same amount of work to grow, but the effects are different.
Growing unfeminized bag seed takes the same effort, but your results are a crap shoot.

Looking at 420 grow logs and strain reviews and saying - I want that! is a good way to shop for seed strains.
The breeder where you buy your seeds matter. Some of these exotic strains give results all over the map. Go for quality seeds.

When you start a journal, send me an invite :)

I appreciate all your good information. God knows I need it. lol

I will definitely give you guys an invite (don't know what that is yet though) but it's going to take me a while to get a room set up...got lots of storage stuff to sort out and move. I'd like to have one room devoted to this.

Now you've got me curious about SweetSue. haha

Hi all I am very new....the noob....lol I am looking into different strains for different kinds of pain. I have nerve damage and need a very strong strain with more body effects than head. Any thoughts? :Namaste:

Hi Voomp...I'm a newbie too. So welcome to you! You'll learn a lot here.

As for strains good for pain, and nerve pain is not fun...I'm finding that I need to try strains in order to know if they'll help for pain or not. You can research lots of strains on Leafly but reviews are really mixed sometimes. Indica's are supposed to be pretty good for pain but they can also put you to sleep. High THC is supposed to be good for pain but then you have to wrestle with the high you get. Look for a strain with a 1:1 ratio of THC to CBD, like Cannatonic, Purple Kush, Purple Urkle, etc, and I'd suggest trying them out. The 1:1's can help your pain without giving you much of a high. Look at the reviews on Leafly for pain relieving strains. Good luck! And let us know if you find something good. :)

I think I should wait to start a growing journal until I'm a little closer to actual planting. But in the meantime I need to get the right supplies. Do any of you have suggestions for...

1) adequate lighting for 6 plants
2) pH meter
3) fan
4) whatever else?

I'm think of going with this tent...it'll probably hold 6 plants all right and I can expand the height to 8 feet. Let me know what you think.

Amazon: Gorilla Grow Tent LITE LINE 4x4

1666928959497.png

6 plants is all I can grow legally and even though I'll start with just a couple at first, I don't want to have to buy another (larger) tent later. I have a room I need to clean out to accomodate a tent. I'll sure appreciate any suggestions I can get.

I think I should wait to start a growing journal until I'm a little closer to actual planting. But in the meantime I need to get the right supplies. Do any of you have suggestions for...

1) adequate lighting for 6 plants
2) pH meter
3) fan
4) whatever else?

I'm think of going with this tent...it'll probably hold 6 plants all right and I can expand the height to 8 feet. Let me know what you think.

Amazon: Gorilla Grow Tent LITE LINE 4x4

6 plants is all I can grow legally and even though I'll start with just a couple at first, I don't want to have to buy another (larger) tent later. I have a room I need to clean out to accomodate a tent. I'll sure appreciate any suggestions I can get.

If I were you I would go over to grow journals Journals in Progress
click on Post New Thread button

And make your first entry something like this post you just made, that way growers can post back and forth with you about your choices.

Then if you want to get lots of people's attention you can go to SweetSue's popular thread and say .... I want help starting a first grow, come read my thread! The Joy Of Growing - SweetSue Goes Perpetual

For the first 4 weeks, all you really need is:

Potting soil in small pots (red beer cups are fine to start) with tray or saucers to catch water

flourescent grow light (one normal 23w flourescent light per seedling, OR a 4 bulb 4 ft long T5 flourescent grow light are popular choices)
a simple timer for your light
a cooling fan

PH test kit from an Aquarum store or swimming pool store (liquid is best) - You NEED water PH of 6.2-6.5, all the seedlings I grow are picky about this.
PHDown or other acid to lower the water PH (from same aquarium store, pool store, or hydroponics store)
a watering can (could be just a jar)

You could buy seeds and start this weekend.

Starting in a closet is a popular choice. Starting seeds on a coffee table is good too :)

- I would wait to buy a tent until you decide on what size plants you are growing. Lots of us tend to grow plants that are 2-3 feet wide, so a 4x4 tent only holds 2-4 mature plants. You will need bigger lights as the plants grow up. You will need to fertilize the plants OR the soil as they get older.

But you can gather seedling supplies above, decide on which seeds now, and decide on the rest later.
In my opinion, a grow journal will help :)

Radocast...well your plants are just beautiful! :goodjob: I'm using all the self-control I can to not show my jealousy. LOL

And thank you for all the tips you give that will be most helpful. I've been looking at some journals and doing a lot of reading and the more I read the more weary I get. I think I might do well to just buy a unit like the Northern Lights Roommate...I think it would hold at least 4 plants to maturity. It's an expensive option but I'm not as young as I used to be and would like to have things made as simple as it can be for me to begin. Let me know please if you know of any reviews on that unit (except for the ones on their own site). I think I'd like to go organic instead of doing hydroponics.

As for a journal, I'll probably start one when I decide on a grow box. :thanks:

Radocast...well your plants are just beautiful! :goodjob: I'm using all the self-control I can to not show my jealousy. LOL

And thank you for all the tips you give that will be most helpful. I've been looking at some journals and doing a lot of reading and the more I read the more weary I get. I think I might do well to just buy a unit like the Northern Lights Roommate...I think it would hold at least 4 plants to maturity. It's an expensive option but I'm not as young as I used to be and would like to have things made as simple as it can be for me to begin. Let me know please if you know of any reviews on that unit (except for the ones on their own site). I think I'd like to go organic instead of doing hydroponics.

As for a journal, I'll probably start one when I decide on a grow box. :thanks:

One of the first grows I followed here was a BC Northern Lights Roommate or Bloom Box. It was absolute high quality product that did what it said it would do. within a year he had added 2 tents for many times more capacity and less money than the single Northern Lights box.

It seems likely that within a year with that box, you will either buy something bigger (especially taller) or give up on growing.

I would rate these grow boxes as high priced and high quality..

I feel for you, the first grow was sooo much more stresssful than my second grow (even though I had a sad 10 months starting my second grow) Once they start growing, these girls can recover from lots of problems and still produce quality bud.

However you grow, there will be some folks here to hep you along :)

I've never grown them, but there are some great auto-flowers suitable for grow cabinets or small rooms under the stairs.

I tried to do a search for the BC Northern Lights journal but none of the searches I ever do comes up with anything. I got suspicious so I typed in "marijuana" and that word didn't bring up anything either. Is there a trick to using the search box?

I've been looking at your first journal and some others and am really enjoying them!

Your auto-flowering idea is good. I wonder if there are any medical strains? It'd be perfect for not getting so much THC. Do you know of a reputable seller of these seeds?

If a user name is in the search box, delete the username for a better search

Hi-Brix is similar to supersoils, a version of living near-organic soil, but it is also a fertilizing, pest management, plant/soil optimization method :)

Medical covers a lot of issues, if you pull down the Medical Marijuana Tab and look under Medical Marijuana Treatment there are tabs for various issues.

I don't know of a High CBD autoflower.
For a high CBD feminized (photoperiod) I plan to get Medicann Blue Blood 15% THC, 10%CBD - beautiful for pain and (probably) PTSD

Thats a great question to ask in a forum.

When you said that 'Hi-Brix is similar to supersoils', which one did you mean is 'a version of living near-organic soil, but it is also a fertilizing, pest management, plant/soil optimization method.'

Thanks for your answers. I'm going to veg for a few days and just read the journals. I'm a little over-loaded with info right now. There's just so much to think about before deciding whether or not to grow this good stuff.

Back
Top Bottom