Colorado Medical Marijuana Cooperative or Care-giver information requests

The caregiver I found offered me 2 free ounces of meds each month just for making them my primary.

I find this next to impossible to believe. How is this even possible with a limit of 3 flowering plants per patient?

By my math it would be practically impossible to exceed 1-1.5 grams per patient/day with 3 flowering, even using a perpetual method, state-of-the-art production techniques, and super fast strains.

I find this next to impossible to believe. How is this even possible with a limit of 3 flowering plants per patient?

By my math it would be practically impossible to exceed 1-1.5 grams per patient/day with 3 flowering, even using a perpetual method, state-of-the-art production techniques, and super fast strains.

Not only am I not an expert grower... I've never grown my own meds... so all I've got here is just what I've read at seed banks online:

500 grams yield per plant was a common claim.

(500 grams)/(28 grams per ounce) = 17.8 ounces per plant.

Seems to me that just one plant could nearly provide a year's supply at a rate of 2 ounces per month... leaving plenty for the caregiver to support other patients or dispensaries with.

Seems like the caregiver would still be able to bank 4 figures no problem off the rest of the meds they were growing in your name... not that I have any problem with that.

Of course, I have no idea if anyone could grow that much from a plant and stay within the law etc... perhaps you could help clarify the details of your calculation for me?

I'm trying to wrap my head around production methods that could outperform the gold-standard Sea-of-Green. Perhaps a few 1 lb "trees" every 4-5 months? I seem to lack the imagination necessary to bridge the gap here.

Well, Medical Marijuana Cooperatives are non-profit organizations that are created by cultivators, an aggregate group of patients, or both to provide medical-grade marijuana to qualified patients.

500 grams yield per plant was a common claim.

(500 grams)/(28 grams per ounce) = 17.8 ounces per plant.

I wish I could get 17oz trees to grow. I am happy when i get 4oz dried from one. The 500 grams figures are square meter so 3 feet x 3 feet not per plant would be amazing if it was per plant

Gorilla, it is per plant and I have seen/done it:Rasta:
Wow really indoors? have any pics, and how long/height did you grow and flower them pics/tips or a journal so I can copy :Rasta: Like I said I am happy when I get 4oz dried per plant would love to know your tricks I veg for 8 weeks from cutting to flower and never get close to those yeilds sorry for jacking the thread

Ya, true. But if you dont know how to grow your own (its not like a house plant where you water it and your done) or dont have the means to grown your own, isnt that guy giving $50 oz's worth it? I mean people sign over their caregiver rights for a free Dr. Evaluation and still end up paying $40 1/8 and $80 1/4...

People are funny. If you don't like what you see at one dispensory go to another one they are like 7-elevens around here. They are all priced the the same one way or another. If they aren't growing their own suplly they are buying it from vendors who on average are selling for 3500/Lb so do your math and figure out basic overhead such as rent, utilities, payroll and taxes and that is why you pay what you pay. The landlords of these places are charging huge amounts for rent because they know that finding a place to rent is almost impossible and they to are takeing advantage of patients also. From my experience it is best to find someone who is not tied to a dispensory and and is willing to serve you medical needs without all of the B.S. There are a few out there that are able to work with you. You just need to say no when you feel your being taken advantage of because as you can see in news rags and other venues there are alot of people growing. I don't use dispensories because I feel they are the root of the problems that we are seeing as we speak in our great state. I believe in keeping it simple and out of the spotlight for many reasons and medical marijauna shouldn't be used as a lightning rod for total legalization. If the people want to legalize for all citizens then no medical smokers need to step out of the closet and speak up and quit useing the medical field to fight your battles.

Wow really indoors? have any pics, and how long/height did you grow and flower them pics/tips or a journal so I can copy :Rasta: Like I said I am happy when I get 4oz dried per plant would love to know your tricks I veg for 8 weeks from cutting to flower and never get close to those yeilds sorry for jacking the thread

Growers are like fishermen:
The fish is always at minimum 2 times the actual size.

I have been the Primary Caregiver for my Life Partner for 6 years now. I have grown over 30 different strains over 6 years. I would hear these wild stories on Overgrow.com and beat myself up because I couldn't get close to these outputs per plant 'FISH TALES'. Then I bought the 'Grow Bible' by Jorge Cervantes and found out the truth. As stated in his book, if you get 0.5 grams per watt of light off your plants your are doing extremely good. This I have found to be the truth.
The formula is 0.5 grams X 400 watt light (8 weeks) = 200 grams of dried bud.
Or another illustration is 0.5 grams X 1000 watt light (8 weeks) = 500 grams.
If growers are getting 7 ounces off one plant, they must be using a 400 watt light with only that one plant under it. But then if you Veg the one plant for too long and it gets really tall, you then have the problem of the light penetrating thru the canopy of the plant and have to grow the plant on it's side. It all evens out to the above formula. The person getting 7 ounces was either doing the above, growing outdoors over the 7-8 month season or using radio active nutrients.
I love reading these 'Fish Tales'. Too bad it discourages many new growers as it did me.
:goodluck:
ColoradoMed

You guys are WHINERS!!!!!!
It costs a butt load more than $500 bucks for power and again for water... if you don't like it-- GROW YOUR OWN!!
OH THAT'S RIGHT, YOU CAN'T!

Meanwhile, the rest of us who HAVE to buy or grow ILLEGALLY pay way more than $400/oz for kind bud.

Do you care how much your dealer makes off the street????? It's a LOT more than $300k.

Whiners. Freakin' loser whiners.

I grew professionally up in BC. We got nearly 400 grams per plant-- as is the norm with growers I knew.
The key to success is managing heat. We designed special lights specifically for that.

hi everyone, found this site searching for a mmj plant coop, thinking many have too many plants and need to get rid of some to those that need some or exchanging cuttings.
prices are way too high now and i am not that impressed with the quality. bought a few grams of bud and they were "wet", in need of drying for a day in the sun and not all that potent. if you want high quality/ low price, grow your own. get some feminized lowrider auto flowering seeds and get them going now in pots so you can move them in when it gets cold, 5-6 weeks from seed to bud and only a foot and a half high. jmho, j

Hey, I currently live in VA and am interested in moving to CO to either start my own coop or join one. Is it even possible to start my own? if so, what do i do to do this? i want to move to the colorado springs area to provide patients with better prices and its something i love to do. any info about starting my own coop would be nice, i know how to grow, i just need to figure out how to set one up legally, who i would legally sell to(dispensaries or are individual patient sales allowed?,) and how soon i can get this process going.
please get back to me asap, I'm ready to get this going. i have a group of 5 guys all wanting to get this started ready to dedicate time and money and efforts to doing it, like i said i just need to figure it all out.
thanks,
will

Back
Top Bottom