Colorado's Pot Shops Say They'll Be Sold Out Any Day Now

The General

A few days into the experiment, the new world of legal recreational marijuana sales in Colorado appears to be a big success–so much so that pot shops are finding it impossible to keep up with demand. According to the Denver Post, at least 37 stores in Colorado were licensed to sell recreational pot to anyone 21 or over as of New Year's Day. The Associated Press and others reported long lines outside Denver pot shops, with some eager customers forced to wait three to five hours before getting a chance to go inside, step up to the counter, and make a purchase. Prices have been steep–in some cases, stores were charging $50 or even $70 for one-eighth of an ounce of pot that cost medical marijuana users just $25 the day before–and taxes add on an extra 20% or so. Even so, sales have been brisk.

The two operational pot shops in Pueblo collectively sold $87,000 of marijuana on January 1, per the Pueblo Chieftain, and store owners say that if demand persists anywhere near the current high, they'll be sold out in the very near future. Likewise, Toni Fox, owner of the 3D Cannabis Center in Denver, told the Colorado Springs Gazette that a sellout is imminent. "We are going to run out," she said on Thursday, day 2 of legal recreational marijuana sales. "It's insane. This weekend will be just as crazy. If there is a mad rush, we'll be out by Monday."

For more than a month, many have speculated that Colorado pot shops would not be able to meet demand due to the limited number of stores open in the state, as well as tough regulations regarding how marijuana is grown and distributed at the wholesale level. Of course, strong demand–especially from "smokebirds," a.k.a. out-of-state tourists visiting Colorado for legal marijuana purchases–also plays a big role. By most accounts, since January 1 more than half of pot sales have gone to non-Coloradans.

Trimming_Medicine_Man_Dispensary.png

News Moderator - The General @ 420 MAGAZINE ®
Source: Business.time.com
Author: Brad Tuttle
Website: Colorado?s Pot Shops Say They?ll Be Sold Out Any Day Now | TIME.com

Well, if they allow for import from Europe I'll be delighted to collaborate ;)

Let the farmers have free reign and there will be no more shortages of weed medically and recreationally speaking.

As I said in another post:
I believe that the Federal Government needs to make laws legalizing Marijuana since it was illegally attacked to begin with in the 1930's. Besides it has way more uses than just recreational and medicinal uses.

It could literally save our economy if given the chance. They where using hemp to make plastics and the seeds of this species is the perfect source of proteins and as a bio source for fuel and so forth it is unbeatable.

It is a weed so it grows in almost any condition. It also helps to revitalize the soil so even farmers could use it to make their crops healthier which means less pesticides and less poison in our diets.

The fibers are UV and rot resistant and longer than any other fiber source known to mankind so it is perfect for paper and plywood like applications and to use with a non-toxic epoxy found in South Africa Trees that would be perfect for replacing fiberglass and etc.

It is less expensive to process and use than synthetic materials and if you ask me far superior which is why it was secretly attacked in the first place by Dupont and Hearst.

It also is the best source for a paper compared to trees because of it's fiber lengths and etc. It makes great canvas and is uncompared there also due to it's UV and rot resistance. You can take a sludge hammer to it's plastics it makes and it would not even crack it as was demonstrated in 1940's. It would be excellent to replace metals even and it grows so fast and plentiful that it could replace all kinds of resources this country is already running out of such as steal and so forth. It is much easier to grow this and use it than to mine and smelt metals.

Like I said it is a weed and if you threw the seeds all over the place it will thrive and grow very fast like weeds and there is no substitute for it in many areas.

They are even using it along with Bamboo to make off road bikes so it has structural uses also. Homes could be put together with that and bamboo and they would withstand earth quakes much better.

If the home is a geodesic dome structure it would be even better. For that matter you could use it for pipes also which would be much less toxic than metal and modern plastic pipes. That it is even categorized as a weed is ridiculous. It is a God send for mankind and never should have been outlawed to begin with.

It needs to be brought back into our economy and researched much more so as to use it to it's fullest in every industry it can be used. It can even withstand droughts which is what this planet is headed for with Global Warming at the same time there is less evaporation due to the particulate matter in our atmosphere.

This is it's time to thrive and as I already mentioned the seeds are a great food source. Since it gets up to 15' high to me it like a small tree and should not be called a weed at all. Since it takes around 10 weeks to grow and one acre of marijuana or hemp is equivalent to one acre of trees in bio mass it is far superior to trees in many ways since you could grow way more and way faster than trees are capable to produce in the same amount of time.

That also makes it perfect to replace foreign oil supplies and so forth for fuels and lubrication and etc.

It is more a resource also because you do not have to search and drill for it. You just plant the seeds and it is there in 10 weeks time and ready to convert to whatever industry it needs to be used for.

The farming industry will easily survive with this resource given back to them in many ways also. Even our first president grew hemp and it was their cash crop back then. I would not doubt that they also used it recreationally since they grew it commercially.

Government needs to leave this plant alone and let it be and collect taxes off it's sales and that is that. It will fix our economy given half the chance it needs. Also everyone prosecuted for its possession needs to be released which frees up tax dollars used to incarcerate them in the first place.

This plant has roots in every way of life and resources and industries and so it needs to be left alone to thrive so we all get more from it. It really is a God send and the Governments are suppressing one of our creators most precious gifts to mankind. This needs to be legalized and not regulated so that the industrial hemp industry can also thrive.

Besides the industrial hemp has more of the cannabinoids needed for medical uses than recreational high THC plants. But I know personally that medically speaking the high THC also helps to sleep which is healing in and of itself. When you sleep is when our immune system is at it's peak. So we need the THC also. Or at least I do.

Have fun and pray it is legalized for every use it is good for not just medical uses.

Back
Top Bottom