Colors

Nodes1

Hello all. My ladies just hit week 5. They have all been doing great. This morning I noticed this discoloration on one of them and was wondering what are the common culprits for it.
Medium: Soil
temp
lights on:gradually increases to 75
Lights off: 64ish had 1 cold night of 55
Water ph: 6 every time
Tds: 836ppm on my last feeding
I have 9 quantum boards
6 girls in flower
Water/feed every 3-4 days when thirsty.
Use house of garden nutes
Ro water
this particular plant is in a 15ish gallon pot
On a 12” riser
Manyyyyyy holes drilled In the pot
Used molasses 1tbsp (for the first time) the day before the discoloration appeared.

I just watered/fed them at 6.28ph and 1808ppm. I gave them a heavy feeding of soil A/B, drip clean, bud xl, silica, molasses, and epsom salt. Let’s see what happens.

0795A9B4-C2EE-48A1-B847-39593800E434.jpeg

54D29E8E-497F-4CA2-86D6-7A975D5C777C.jpeg

25B347EB-518B-49F1-9005-9711DE59891D.jpeg

AA7D4572-8617-410C-AC0F-3E740E71E129.jpeg

0B3845AE-54EC-40FB-88F6-115666FB3BB4.jpeg

CF1AE5A5-9572-4EFC-AEF0-AA2F284C29C3.jpeg

CEF8A998-7167-4D86-A724-B03ABEC89C51.jpeg

2013ABFB-2527-4C18-AADB-730A8411067D.jpeg

27B76B8B-D51D-4B6E-A6BB-36E6CE74C69F.jpeg

nice garden and welcome aboard Nodes1….

I could defs be wrong here but looks like a purple pheno (strain) and I would surmise that it’s merely coincidental that you applied molasses the day before the color change appeared.…

my 2 cents but I’m staying tuned to pick up what others are putting down
I think the molasses and color change is a coincidence. I did contribute the color to the cold. Just wanted to make sure it’s not a deficiency. Thank you for the compliment on the garden. I’m trying to do a perpetual grow. Every 6-8 weeks I’ll be able to harvest 5+ plants.

nice garden and welcome aboard Nodes1….

I could defs be wrong here but looks like a purple pheno (strain) and I would surmise that it’s merely coincidental that you applied molasses the day before the color change appeared.…

my 2 cents but I’m staying tuned to pick up what others are putting down
The fan leafs in the pic with the bronze/yellow veins is Guicy banger.

What type soil and what brand nutes are you using? Are the nutes organic or synthetic? If synthetic, I'd do a flush, re-set the soil and then feed. It looks like the beginning of a deficiency/lockout, looks most like a N deficiency, but could be the beginning of a, P, or K, or possibly even Mg deficiency/lockout. Again, if synthetic, mix your calmag with water, let it sit 10-15 minutes, then add your nutes, mix and let it sit another 10-15 minutes, then PH and feed. They still look good. The purpling is probably a phenotype and unrelated to the yellowing.

What type soil and what brand nutes are you using? Are the nutes organic or synthetic? If synthetic, I'd do a flush, re-set the soil and then feed. It looks like the beginning of a deficiency/lockout, looks most like a N deficiency, but could be the beginning of a, P, or K, or possibly even Mg deficiency/lockout. Again, if synthetic, mix your calmag with water, let it sit 10-15 minutes, then add your nutes, mix and let it sit another 10-15 minutes, then PH and feed. They still look good. The purpling is probably a phenotype and unrelated to the yellowing.
I put in the info I use house of garden nutes. Miracle grow soil (yes, I know it has time release nutes. I use that to my advantage to re-use soil) I amend it and add enzyme to break organics down. I believe the cold temp on top of my old water did it. I wasn’t using Ro water before but I am now. I think it was a nute lock out due to salt build ups. I’ve since switched to Ro water and monitor my EC like crazy

R/O water is good, but has properties to be aware of, it's good in that it's clean from the get go, and you know exactly what you've put in, which is a big plus. You just have to know that CalMag is essential, since the R/O process strips out all the Ca and Mg in the base water. The soil is more problematic, since it has long term release of nutes it can be difficult to get it right, since you don't know what's being released or when. In looking up house of garden nutes, it says they are not "certified" organic. The time release nutes in the MG soil are likely only good for most of one grow (4 months or so, even though it says up to 6 months) cannabis is a heavy feeder. Best of luck!

R/O water is good, but has properties to be aware of, it's good in that it's clean from the get go, and you know exactly what you've put in, which is a big plus. You just have to know that CalMag is essential, since the R/O process strips out all the Ca and Mg in the base water. The soil is more problematic, since it has long term release of nutes it can be difficult to get it right, since you don't know what's being released or when. In looking up house of garden nutes, it says they are not "certified" organic. The time release nutes in the MG soil are likely only good for most of one grow (4 months or so, even though it says up to 6 months) cannabis is a heavy feeder. Best of luck!
I also use epsom salt which adds magnesium and sulfur. The house of garden nutes adds calcium, sulfur, and potassium in increments. and the additives adds more in flower. The molasses also has calcium in it. Amongst others. I’ve been adding it on each feeding except when I water only with drip clean to remove the salts and such.

Back
Top Bottom