Commercial Grower's License

Isn't it already legal to grow your own in Cali ????

What would really change in November ? I mean you do have to get a script but from what I hear anyone who wants one can get it pretty easily - a lot easier than setting up a grow room for sure....

also -is it a big deal to tell your cali landlord upfront you plan to cultivate legally ?

I mean how do most landlords feel about that ? or is it better just to rent a place and do it on the DL ?

Or do most leases have a no-grow policy ?

I maybe moving to Portland soon for many reasons not only MMJ. I know they allow you to grow for up to 4 patience's. My Question is can i grow the appropriate number of plants for myself and grow the other 3 for a dispensary and let them gave it to their patience?
BASICALLY im asking can 1 quit his dayjob and live by growing for those in need. legally

Just be careful...that list is Public information and Gansters are coming in a doing home invasions...I think I heard about two or three Murders due to home invasions. And that's crazy how it is open to all to see who is a grower!!

I read through this thread again and am not completely sure I understand this list... What is it? How do I stay off of it? I'd like to grow in Oakland and know it's heavier than Seattle where I am used to. Home invasions are one of my main concerns as I plan on operating under the limit and in full compliance with state and federal laws.

Anabelle Hi, I am equally in pursuit of this very information and have found NO ONE in the neighborhood circuit really willing to share...Hmmm!

Attorney General Eric Holder signaled a change on medical marijuana policy Wednesday, saying federal agents will target marijuana distributors only when they violate both federal and state law.

That would be a departure from the policy of the Bush administration, which targeted medical marijuana dispensaries in California even if they complied with that state's law.

"The policy is to go after those people who violate both federal and state law," Holder said in a question-and-answer session with reporters at the Justice Department.

Medical marijuana advocates in California welcomed the news, but said they still worried about the pending cases of those already in court on drug charges.

California law permits the sale of marijuana for medical purposes, though it still is against federal law.

Holder did not spell out exactly who no longer would face the prospect of raids by the Drug Enforcement Administration. But he was quick to add that law enforcement officers will target anyone who tries to "use medical marijuana laws as a shield" for other illegal activity.

"Given the limited resources that we have, our focus will be on people, organizations that are growing, cultivating substantial amounts of marijuana and doing so in a way that's inconsistent with federal and state law," the attorney general said.

Advocates and government officials had been waiting since President Barack Obama was sworn into office for a clear signal on what the new president's drug policy would be toward medical marijuana. As a candidate, he repeatedly promised a change in policy in situations in which state laws allow the use of medical marijuana.

Yet shortly after Obama took office, DEA agents raided four dispensaries in Los Angeles, prompting confusion about the government's plans.

Thirteen states have laws permitting medicinal use of marijuana. California is unique among them for the presence of dispensaries, which are businesses that sell marijuana and even advertise their services. Legal under California law, such dispensaries are still illegal under federal law.

Kris Hermes, a spokesman for national medical marijuana advocacy group Americans for Safe Access, said he welcomed Holder's perspective.

"It signals a new direction and a more reasonable and sensible direction on medical marijuana policy," he said.

Still, Hermes said his Oakland-based organization was concerned about the fate of more than two dozen California medical marijuana cases currently pending in federal court.

"There remains a big question as to what the federal government's position is on those cases," Hermes said. He pointed specifically to the case of Charles Lynch, who was federally convicted for running a medical marijuana dispensary collective in San Luis Obispo County last year.

Hermes said Lynch could face decades in prison when he is sentenced Monday even though his clinic had been compliant with state law.

According to the government's sentencing recommendation for Lynch, which says the five-year mandatory minimum prison term is an appropriate one, Lynch had violated California state law because his "operation was rife with activities having more to do with business and casual drug distribution than anything medical."

U.S. attorney's office spokesman Thom Mrozek declined to comment on what would happen to the outstanding marijuana cases in the Los Angeles area.

The 13 states that permit medical use of marijuana are Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.

Attorney general signals shift in marijuana policy

We are safe here in California if we follow the rules...

We were safe until the rules changed!

Safe? Rules? I cannot help but feel that the other side never discloses all of the rules and rarely allows itself to be fully bound by them in any case. A government is not a human being and has no inherent ethics or morality. It only exists in a world of the carrot & the stick and ours has demonstrated - both historically and in terms of the present - that it would much rather be eating the carrot and wielding the stick whenever possible.

with such a contradicting law in California compared to the feds law. just a get a good lawyer thats cool and is a good writer cause they can bend twist and do anything with the right amount of money.like write a agreement that looks offical to state guidelines with a collective or make your grow a "collective" hey that's what the feds are doing.,...twisting and turning and spending good money to get there way! right?!?

I too am looking to open a "Marijuana Cultivation Facility" as stated in CO amendment 64. I can't find a thing. My guess is that people with a lot of pull in politics that have the big bucks will get the first licenses. I want to farm 4 acres of the goodness. That is not alot considering that the avg farm will be 100 - 500 acres big. But my stuff will be danker. Still, Im having the same problem. The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) should have the forms that you are looking for.

Back
Top Bottom