Need to know the procedures to start a dispensary in Ontario

Kenny134

I own and operate a dispensary in Ontario, Canada. I am getting more inquiries for MMJ recently. Of course, they are with the prescription. Canada is being more lenient towards the medical use of marijuana, yet it has to make it legal.
There are a few dispensaries here that sell MMJ and I was thinking I shouldn't fall short. I wanted to start a MMJ dispensary alongside but I was worried about the legality. I read that now Ontario is giving license to sell MMJ. How To Register A Marijuana Dispensary | Ontario Business Central So, now I think I can plan on starting a dispensary but there are few more things to learn.
In this blog, there is mentioned about three stages in order to obtain the license. I didn't understand what that meant. I would appreciate some help here to understand the process of acquiring the license in Ontario.

Thanks in advance.

Ontario is not giving licenses to sell yet - dispensary is still illegal. You already own and operate one? I'm wondering do you actually pay your HST, business taxes etc and have a registered company or is everyone just doing it completely under the table with no official business name registered or taxes paid?

Move to BC and fly under the tax radar by getting a City license to dispense. Keep Turd-eau and his Fiberals out of your pocket.
Happy Growing
:volcano-smiley:

Hi Kenny My understanding is that they are all illegal but some are tolerated. The one in my town near Ottawa will only sell to people with a prescription with an LP. There are many restrictions to access and sale and it looks just like a medical office.

Ill check out that link.

I own and operate a dispensary in Ontario, Canada. I am getting more inquiries for MMJ recently. Of course, they are with the prescription. Canada is being more lenient towards the medical use of marijuana, yet it has to make it legal.
There are a few dispensaries here that sell MMJ and I was thinking I shouldn't fall short. I wanted to start a MMJ dispensary alongside but I was worried about the legality. I read that now Ontario is giving license to sell MMJ. How To Register A Marijuana Dispensary | Ontario Business Central So, now I think I can plan on starting a dispensary but there are few more things to learn.
In this blog, there is mentioned about three stages in order to obtain the license. I didn't understand what that meant. I would appreciate some help here to understand the process of acquiring the license in Ontario.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom