Fellow Canadians - So What's The Deal With Dispensaries?

I was surprised too. It's the 'I'm too high' panic attack. Give a new user a heavy dose of 25% Sativa or a 70% BHO Sativa . . .

I was surprised too. It's the 'I'm too high' panic attack. Give a new user a heavy dose of 25% Sativa or a 70% BHO Sativa . . .

I suppose, yeah. Not really an emergency so much as a freakout. I have two strains growing now and the wife is interested in trying some for sleep. She can't handle the high, so I'll let her try the CBDream bud rather than the White Widow when they're done, and sort of work her way up to a mild indica. I'd let her try some of the cannabutter I just made, but it's burnt a little and she's a picky eater and stuff, so I'll try some more later.

I didn't know about the Jane Exchange. I'll have to thank them out. :thanks:

I was going to suggest online dispensaries, too. It's way more circumspect and easy, too. The ones I've heard are good are Pot Cargo and Phat Nug.

Search for the Jane Exchange for a good listing of LPs in Canada & their products. That said, you can easily buy online from numerous dispensaries in BC & get product in the mail. Most just require age verification.

Okay, Dobe, you've used this term twice now. The first time I was convinced you were entering on a phone and autospell did something wonky but I can't see it happening twice so please explain what or who is Canadients Subreddit????

It's entirely subjective. Some LPs have better options than others for CBD strains for example. Some offer oils while others don't. Most people have only used a fraction of them so it's hard to get a more objective view. The Canadients subreddit and the Lift Q&A section have no shortage of opinionated people. There are review up on Lift if you want to get a feel for what people are saying.

Broken Coast is the LP I've seen recommended the most, but they don't offer oils and have few CBD options. If I was adding another LP I'd give them a try. I'm with 2 LPs and both have strengths and weaknesses.

Yeah, if you're comfortable going outside the legal system, the MOMs are gaining in popularity significantly. I know people who swear by them. The Canadients Subreddit might be a good place to start learning about MOMs.

Once I get set up I'll have mine delivered right to my door in something like a day or two. And speaking of those oils, even though they are made for oral ingestion, is it possible to smoke it? I like the idea of getting the ingredients hitting as fast as possible.

If no one has answered this yet, no you can't smoke these oils. They're not like hash oil, which is a concentrate. These oils are made by infusing regular cooking oil with dried, ground and decarbed cannabis.

I like making my own oil as it's more cost-efficient and I can control what gets into the oil and what doesn't. For example, Tweed strips the terpenes from their oils but terpenes are like the vitamins of cannabis and it's important, too so this way, I can ensure they're not stripped away.

If you want a faster hit, buy your own bud and make your own oil (I can provide a basic recipe to you, if you like) but make sure you leave enough bud to vape or smoke for a faster hit, too. In the meantime, you can take the oil orally or you can make capsules with it and use as suppositories which will help give you more oomph for your buck. Or you can even massage it on your sore area -- that works, too. I made my own pain cream with cannabis and it works great!

What are MOMs???

Yeah, if you're comfortable going outside the legal system, the MOMs are gaining in popularity significantly. I know people who swear by them. The Canadients Subreddit might be a good place to start learning about MOMs.

In canada the legal medical mj is all sent thru the mail...Thus there are are 100s of websites that are refered to as moms that also operate outside the legal licenced producer system...Mail order marijuana, It' s illegal but most anyone can order above 19 with id & interac

Okay, Dobe, you've used this term twice now. The first time I was convinced you were entering on a phone and autospell did something wonky but I can't see it happening twice so please explain what or who is Canadients Subreddit????

No worries! I don't know the rules around direct links so I'll describe it for you. I'm guessing you're not familiar with Reddit? It's basically this big aggregation and discussion website. It's divided into categories of content called "subreddits". funny is for jokes; pics for interesting photos; AskReddit for random questions to the community; etc. The marijuana enthusiast subreddit is called trees. Users of the forum call themselves ents. Different communities of ents then also have their own community-specific enthusiast subreddits, and many have adopted the "ents" reference in their names. So, the subreddit for Canadian marijuana enthusiasts is called Canadients.

Google it, you'll have no problems finding it. Dig around and you'll find threads talking about peoples' experience with MOMs, and recommendations for reliable MOMs.

I've never done the MOM thing myself, but friends who have done it have been very impressed at the quality.

You still haven't clarified the acronym of MOM. As a secretary, my advice to you is to always spell out an acronym the first time you use it so that those who aren't familiar with it will learn what it means right from the get go. Just my 2 cents (obviously in American coin :cheesygrinsmiley:).

You still haven't clarified the acronym of MOM. As a secretary, my advice to you is to always spell out an acronym the first time you use it so that those who aren't familiar with it will learn what it means right from the get go. Just my 2 cents (obviously in American coin :cheesygrinsmiley:).

I couldn't explain any better than Scarecrow did, right above me...

In canada the legal medical mj is all sent thru the mail...Thus there are are 100s of websites that are refered to as moms that also operate outside the legal licenced producer system...Mail Order Marijuana, It' s illegal but most anyone can order above 19 with id & interac

Check out that subreddit I mentioned, you'll find MOM is a pretty common shorthand.

I think that right now we are seeing what will probably be the best selection of cannabis that we will ever see. With fierce competition, the product from the MOMs & the dispensaries is incredible in both selection & quality. Untested & definitely black-market, but my God it’s good. I have bought from both & now I have added a legal source to my list but I can say that some Death Bubba leaf & some Mazar-i-Sharif hash – both sourced from BC MOMs – are the best that I have ever had. While my sampling of LP product is just starting, the current artisanal product is top shelf & it will be hard to equal.

If no one has answered this yet, no you can't smoke these oils. They're not like hash oil, which is a concentrate. These oils are made by infusing regular cooking oil with dried, ground and decarbed cannabis.

I like making my own oil as it's more cost-efficient and I can control what gets into the oil and what doesn't. For example, Tweed strips the terpenes from their oils but terpenes are like the vitamins of cannabis and it's important, too so this way, I can ensure they're not stripped away.

If you want a faster hit, buy your own bud and make your own oil (I can provide a basic recipe to you, if you like) but make sure you leave enough bud to vape or smoke for a faster hit, too. In the meantime, you can take the oil orally or you can make capsules with it and use as suppositories which will help give you more oomph for your buck. Or you can even massage it on your sore area -- that works, too. I made my own pain cream with cannabis and it works great!

You know, I never realized there were so many ways to use cannabis until I got on here. Pretty cool stuff. I suspect my primary way of taking it will still be in joint form (teaching an old dog new tricks and all that proverbial stuff), but without a doubt I'll be trying a few new methods - just not the suppositories; I hate 'em with a passion. I am looking forward to doing a muscle and joint rub though.

I know. Cannabis is so much way cooler than I could ever have imagined. I :love: that I can make my own medicine and of course, I love getting high whenever I can, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since becoming a vaper, I can't smoke cannabis anymore; I just find it too harsh.

Here's a link to a basic pain cream using cannabis:

Dave Groomer's refined pain cream

You can add essential oils to the cream when it's done that also help with pain like tea tree oil, peppermint, etc. I've just ordered some to add to the batch I'm planning on making later this month. I also ordered lavender because it's a soothing smell.

PLEASE NOTE: The quantity of beeswax in the recipe is actually the weight of the beeswax not the quantity, i.e. weigh it for the number required, don't measure it in a measuring cup or what have you. This was a huge mistake that I made and it took forever for me to get my cream to come together. Also, if you're picking up some beeswax, you can buy it in pellet-form and that way, it will be a lot easier to melt.

Another resource can be found at this link:

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

There's a lot of useful info on that thread.

Anyhow, good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

HG

:circle-of-love:

You know, I never realized there were so many ways to use cannabis until I got on here. Pretty cool stuff. I suspect my primary way of taking it will still be in joint form (teaching an old dog new tricks and all that proverbial stuff), but without a doubt I'll be trying a few new methods - just not the suppositories; I hate 'em with a passion. I am looking forward to doing a muscle and joint rub though.

I've actually been on Reddit but not lately. I'll have to check it out more. I believe Felonious is probably more familiar with it than I am.

Thank you, Dobe.

No worries! I don't know the rules around direct links so I'll describe it for you. I'm guessing you're not familiar with Reddit? It's basically this big aggregation and discussion website. It's divided into categories of content called "subreddits". funny is for jokes; pics for interesting photos; AskReddit for random questions to the community; etc. The marijuana enthusiast subreddit is called trees. Users of the forum call themselves ents. Different communities of ents then also have their own community-specific enthusiast subreddits, and many have adopted the "ents" reference in their names. So, the subreddit for Canadian marijuana enthusiasts is called Canadients.

Google it, you'll have no problems finding it. Dig around and you'll find threads talking about peoples' experience with MOMs, and recommendations for reliable MOMs.

I've never done the MOM thing myself, but friends who have done it have been very impressed at the quality.

I know. Cannabis is so much way cooler than I could ever have imagined. I :love: that I can make my own medicine and of course, I love getting high whenever I can, too. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Since becoming a vaper, I can't smoke cannabis anymore; I just find it too harsh.

Here's a link to a basic pain cream using cannabis:

Dave Groomer's refined pain cream

You can add essential oils to the cream when it's done that also help with pain like tea tree oil, peppermint, etc. I've just ordered some to add to the batch I'm planning on making later this month. I also ordered lavender because it's a soothing smell.

PLEASE NOTE: The quantity of beeswax in the recipe is actually the weight of the beeswax not the quantity, i.e. weigh it for the number required, don't measure it in a measuring cup or what have you. This was a huge mistake that I made and it took forever for me to get my cream to come together. Also, if you're picking up some beeswax, you can buy it in pellet-form and that way, it will be a lot easier to melt.

Another resource can be found at this link:

Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

There's a lot of useful info on that thread.

Anyhow, good luck. Let me know how it goes.

Take care.

HG

You know, I bought a vaporizer but I don't see much advantage to it. It can only fit a very small piece of weed and I haven't really felt anything when I used it. That and I almost have to suck my lungs up my throat to get a hit off it. I think that may have been a waste of $70 unless there's a proper way to use it that I'm unaware of.

My wife has a load of essential oils I can use. And now that you mention it, I even have some lavender growing this year that I can put in. Ah, the marvels of botany.

When I harvest my plants I have plans to use as much of them as I can. I suspect that some beeswax and a bottle of vegetable oil of some sort will be on my shopping list the end of next month.

You know, I bought a vaporizer but I don't see much advantage to it. It can only fit a very small piece of weed and I haven't really felt anything when I used it. That and I almost have to suck my lungs up my throat to get a hit off it. I think that may have been a waste of $70 unless there's a proper way to use it that I'm unaware of.

When I bought my portable vape I had exactly the same reaction. Mine is a combo leaf/concentrate Pillar. I tried it & gave up. I kept using my pipe. About a month ago, I re-read the great reviews online & thought that I must be doing something wrong. So I tried it again.

And yes, it does work. You have to remember that a vape does not burn the leaf. It desiccates it, sucking all of the moisture (and colour) out of the plant matter. All of the vapour in other words. The waste result looks like really dry brown tobacco. And don't expect to exhale clouds of vapour. I was only exhaling a bit of white 'smoke'. Assuming the bud only has so much moisture in it, it can only release so much vapour. And the taste was very mild but really nuanced — not like lungs full of dank ganja anymore — so very, very different. And the residual smell is quite mild. I find that small puffs — as opposed to long hauls - are best with my vape. You can tell that the bud is exhausted by the change in taste to a baked taste.

Well, that's my experience so far anyway.

When I bought my portable vape I had exactly the same reaction. Mine is a combo leaf/concentrate Pillar. I tried it & gave up. I kept using my pipe. About a month ago, I re-read the great reviews online & thought that I must be doing something wrong. So I tried it again.

And yes, it does work. You have to remember that a vape does not burn the leaf. It desiccates it, sucking all of the moisture (and colour) out of the plant matter. All of the vapour in other words. The waste result looks like really dry brown tobacco. And don't expect to exhale clouds of vapour. I was only exhaling a bit of white 'smoke'. Assuming the bud only has so much moisture in it, it can only release so much vapour. And the taste was very mild but really nuanced — not like lungs full of dank ganja anymore — so very, very different. And the residual smell is quite mild. I find that small puffs — as opposed to long hauls - are best with my vape. You can tell that the bud is exhausted by the change in taste to a baked taste.

Well, that's my experience so far anyway.

I'll have to try it again when I get some nice tacky, fresh bud. I just fail to see how I'm going to get any effects from a small pellet of weed the size of a single haul off a joint.

It almost sounds like you have a vape for concentrates - not leaf. What make/model? How big is the chamber? The burn chamber on mine is 1/4" x 3/4" so it holds enough for several good hits for 2.

Back
Top Bottom