Whats the Max I can Purchase?

xklozive

hey i recently obtained my mmj-card . I haven't gone to a dispensary yet ...and my question is how much do they allow you to buy... is there a limit or does it vary from place to place???

thnx

I think it comes from the "safe harbor" provision in the original law; where 8 OZ was considered the minimum limit in all jurisdictions.

I'm not sure whether the 8Z per diem cap is a law or a policy, (I suspect policy) but it makes sense to me. Anyone wanting more than 8Z at a time may have other ideas in mind than personal use (my personal opinion)

These poor dispensaries have enough hassles in life with the local LEOs watching their every move (in some cases) and Feds on their backs (in other cases). The last thing they need is to be accused of wholesaling.

Maybe someone more familiar with the dispensary practices than me will chime in on this thread.

It depends on the county your in. for most its 8 oz and 6 mature or 12 immature plants, others offer vastly higher ammounts, such as in oakland, marinn, mendo etc.

hey i recently obtained my mmj-card . I haven't gone to a dispensary yet ...and my question is how much do they allow you to buy... is there a limit or does it vary from place to place???

thnx

Most coops have rules like one visit per day, and a maximum of 1 or 2 ounces. Maybe if you live far away from the dispensary, they could make an exception, but the limits are in place to slow down diversion.

I know of no state law regarding these types of limits but most caregives here have "once every 8 day" limits. No mention of how much on those days though. Guess it depends on how big the provider/caregivers operation is.

Not a state law, but rather a club rule to minimize the chance of diversion.

It depends on the county your in. for most its 8 oz and 6 mature or 12 immature plants, others offer vastly higher ammounts, such as in oakland, marinn, mendo etc.

Dr. you are right on, different counties have different limits. In Santa Barbara, the doctor pretty much sets the limit. Adding to that, if your doctor feels you may grow more medicine, he should state that on her/his recommendation. Many doctors, especially oncologists, will recommend higher amounts ,:slide: (pardone my pun) for a terminally ill patient. The same goes for the flowers. The amounts for flowers should be stated on the recommendation as well.

I will post in a Caregiver forum, as well, but just wanted to let y'all know that it is wise to have your doctor list your Caregiver on your recommendation also. That should be someone who genuinely takes care of you and is responsible for you.

:cheer:

Back
Top Bottom