Fellow Canadians - So What's The Deal With Dispensaries?

It almost sounds like you have a vape for concentrates - not leaf. What make/model? How big is the chamber? The burn chamber on mine is 1/4" x 3/4" so it holds enough for several good hits for 2.

No, it says it's for dried herb. I don't have it on me right now (the wife's at work and she has the car - hope she don't get stopped on the way home). The name of it is Randy's Drift. I should look it up on YouTube. You can find anything on there, I think.

Vaporizers are definitely different than smoking cannabis. I like it because I can control the temperature better so that it's not as harsh. I've had a few different vaporizers over the past couple of years and they all have pluses and minuses. I'm currently using The Mighty by Storz & Bickel (the same people who invented The Volcano) and other than my frustration with opening the dosing capsules, I really like it. I keep a couple of small jars filled with dosing capsules holding different strains that I like to vape so it doesn't feel like I'm always dithering with it.

I also have an Arizer Solo, a Pax II and a DLX-500 Quick Draw.:cheesygrinsmiley:

You know, I bought a vaporizer but I don't see much advantage to it. It can only fit a very small piece of weed and I haven't really felt anything when I used it. That and I almost have to suck my lungs up my throat to get a hit off it. I think that may have been a waste of $70 unless there's a proper way to use it that I'm unaware of.

My wife has a load of essential oils I can use. And now that you mention it, I even have some lavender growing this year that I can put in. Ah, the marvels of botany.

When I harvest my plants I have plans to use as much of them as I can. I suspect that some beeswax and a bottle of vegetable oil of some sort will be on my shopping list the end of next month.

When I bought my portable vape I had exactly the same reaction. Mine is a combo leaf/concentrate Pillar. I tried it & gave up. I kept using my pipe. About a month ago, I re-read the great reviews online & thought that I must be doing something wrong. So I tried it again.

And yes, it does work. You have to remember that a vape does not burn the leaf. It desiccates it, sucking all of the moisture (and colour) out of the plant matter. All of the vapour in other words. The waste result looks like really dry brown tobacco. And don’t expect to exhale clouds of vapour. I was only exhaling a bit of white ‘smoke’. Assuming the bud only has so much moisture in it, it can only release so much vapour. And the taste was very mild but really nuanced – not like lungs full of dank ganja anymore – so very, very different. And the residual smell is quite mild. I find that small puffs – as opposed to long hauls - are best with my vape. You can tell that the bud is exhausted by the change in taste to a baked taste.

Well, that's my experience so far anyway.

Here's a link about flytier's vaporizer. Personally, I've never heard of it.

No, it says it's for dried herb. I don't have it on me right now (the wife's at work and she has the car - hope she don't get stopped on the way home). The name of it is Randy's Drift. I should look it up on YouTube. You can find anything on there, I think.

Here's a link about flytier's vaporizer. Personally, I've never heard of it.

I've been to the website; it really doesn't say much about it. I've never had any experience with a vape pen, whereas I've been smoking joints for over thirty years. It's going to take some getting used to without a doubt. Maybe when I get my White Widow harvested. I haven't had any high test weed since I bought it. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much.

That could be why it doesn't hold much because it's a pen. Here are some photos of vaporizer cavities for you to compare:

PAX 2:
Pax_2_bud_chamber.jpg

DLX-500 (Quick Draw) (the one in the middle is for bud):

Quick_Draw_Chamber.jpg

THE MIGHTY:

Mighty_dosing_capsule.jpg

So, you can see that they all hold a good amount. I expect the pen is just better for portability. If you rarely vape in public, you would probably be better off with a real vaporizer. Although, that said if you're just as happy smoking it then go for it.

:cool:

I've been to the website; it really doesn't say much about it. I've never had any experience with a vape pen, whereas I've been smoking joints for over thirty years. It's going to take some getting used to without a doubt. Maybe when I get my White Widow harvested. I haven't had any high test weed since I bought it. Or maybe I'm just expecting too much.

Wow. That thing I have is nowhere near what I had in mind for a vaporizer, as I now see. I'll stick with papers and call it a lesson learned. Next time I'll study up and have an idea of what I want. Of course the guy at the store didn't really ask much in the line of useful questions either.

Yeah, there's so much to learn. Before I got my licence, I rarely used cannabis and if I did, it was something mild using a water bottle and we just bought a really beautiful one when Felonious (my husband) brought home my first vaporizer, the Arizer Solo, which is my current second place favourite behind The Mighty, 3rd place is Pax II and the Quick Draw was first place for a long time on ease of use, versatility and portability but it's in fourth place now because it up and died a few months ago and I haven't done anything about it. I'm a champion procrastinator/avoider of conflict. I have a dead heartrate monitor that I bought in January, too, that I should do something about but haven't. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Check out the Review Section here on 420 Magazine if you want to research vaporizers. They're pretty expensive. Yours was about 1/4 of what our cheapest one was. Here's the link:

420 Product Reviews

You can leave a review on your vaporizer, too, if you like.

Good luck.

Wow. That thing I have is nowhere near what I had in mind for a vaporizer, as I now see. I'll stick with papers and call it a lesson learned. Next time I'll study up and have an idea of what I want. Of course the guy at the store didn't really ask much in the line of useful questions either.

Yeah, there's so much to learn. Before I got my licence, I rarely used cannabis and if I did, it was something mild using a water bottle and we just bought a really beautiful one when Felonious (my husband) brought home my first vaporizer, the Arizer Solo, which is my current second place favourite behind The Mighty, 3rd place is Pax II and the Quick Draw was first place for a long time on ease of use, versatility and portability but it's in fourth place now because it up and died a few months ago and I haven't done anything about it. I'm a champion procrastinator/avoider of conflict. I have a dead heartrate monitor that I bought in January, too, that I should do something about but haven't. Oh well, c'est la vie!

Check out the Review Section here on 420 Magazine if you want to research vaporizers. They're pretty expensive. Yours was about 1/4 of what our cheapest one was. Here's the link:

420 Product Reviews

You can leave a review on your vaporizer, too, if you like.

Good luck.

Actually as of now it doesn't matter anymore. I lost the mouthpiece off it when I was changing my tire today. Oh well, papers only cost a buck and you don't get pissed off anywhere near as much when you lose them. I always had a thing for joints anyway.

I have to try and slow down on the smoking now. I've been a hardcore pothead for a few decades and now I have to get used to using it in moderation. That's going to be a challenge in itself.

I've been a hardcore pothead for a few decades and now I have to get used to using it in moderation. That's going to be a challenge in itself.

Now THAT sounds familiar. :smokin:

Get a grow permit through health Canada. Grow your own they are crazy fir thier prices in my opinion

Now THAT sounds familiar. :smokin:

i'm pretty sure I'm not the only one in that situation. I think my problem goes back to my days in the Air Force. Before I joined I didn't do any intoxicants at all except get drunk a couple times. Then I got slammed into the heavy duty military drinking without first learning restraint. It's kind of an all-or-nothing thing. I don't drink anymore, and it's just as well; it makes me a real asshole.

Get a grow permit through health Canada. Grow your own they are crazy fir thier prices in my opinion

Yeah, the stuff ain't cheap, that's for bloody well sure. I just recently got my card and got set up with an LP, and the prices are not easy on the bank account. The main reason that I got my card was so that I can get a bit of weed when I need it. It's the best thing for I know of for my back and other things, like escaping reality. I have a few plants on the go now outdoors, but they won't be ready for a while yet. But yeah, a grow license is the way to do it.

Ontario has announced that all illegal dispensaries will be shut down & they will open stand alone gov't run LCBO-style stores when the Feds legalize.

And . . LPs will be the only legal source.

Ontario has announced that all illegal dispensaries will be shut down & they will open stand alone gov't run LCBO-style stores when the Feds legalize.

And . . LPs will be the only legal source.

Are there going to be Amsterdam-type "cannabis bars" allowed anywhere? Would be another boost to the economy. Another entire niche in the market just waiting to be filled.

Only those 19 and older will be allowed to purchase or possess marijuana and pot consumption will be limited to private homes.

Smoking weed will continue to be illegal in any public space – including parks, workplaces and motorized vehicles.

If you are truly concerned about following the law, wait until July 1st, 2018 then grow your own once its legal. The new law will allow 4 plants per household, up to 1 meter tall each. Unclear what they will consider a plant though. A seedling or a mature plant under a light.

ALL storefront dispensaries in Ontario are technically illegal, and they often do get raided and employees get charges for trafficking and possessing proceeds of crime. Same across the whole country, although Vancouver city has stopped enforcing. The facade about medicinal sales is just to keep the appearance of legality. It is not legal. Medicinal sales are not legal. Recreational is certainly not legal. Only way to buy legal is through mail order. So, when you go to those storefront places its all just a bunch of BS when they ask you for your doctor's letter. They may pretend they are serving the medicinal community only, and that's fine, but its still not legal.

Hello

I would like to warn people of a quite sophisticated scam that is being operated by HOME - CHEM-MEDS MARIJUANA DISPENSARY.

I sent them the money for my product and they emailed me telling me it was being sent, I then recived an email purporting to be from a courier who said I had to pay $1000.00 insurance before the parcel could be delivered, this was outrageous, if chem-meds.com had been on the level they would have paid for the insurance themselves as it was their responsibility, when I complained about this, someone calling themselves Eric told me I would have to pay the $1000.00 before I got my product, obviously I wasn't willing to do this. chem-meds are based in Toronto and I have just filed a complaint against them with the Toronto Police, so beware of chem-meds.com, you have been warned.

Back
Top Bottom