Help with dispensary sales

I think the dispensaries were designed to be uninviting because they don't want people coming in off the street because of something they saw through the window, i.e. kids.

I think the government didn't really want to legalize cannabis but did it mainly because they know it's a money maker. But, just because it's a money maker doesn't make it a business they approve of.

Well yes but any kind of a hook like that. Puppies may be silly but something to grab hearts like they can. Maybe a hotdog cart. There's nothing like a good dog!

It's a shame folks/customers don't know you as a person. If they did, that may help. Compassion goes a long way with me, maybe them too.

And if these are all silly then that's why I've been a mechanic all my life. :passitleft:

My first and only impression the other week of the Mission store here was TOO STERILE. With the virus I don't know if there's any other way. Laws have to be within also.
Thanks Stone
I love the puppy idea, seriously who doesn't just love puppies. :love:

Between COVID restrictions in place and the Alcohol Gamming commission of Ontario stifling everything it is hard to come up with anything permitable.
No contact no touching anything no unnecessary activity what so ever its killing every aspect of the fun you can have buying pot.
Everything is prepackaged no samples no looking or smelling anything you purchase.

So we are handcuffed with what we can even do for a client.
Can't even tell them what the strain is good for,pain,appetite, relaxation not allowed by law to say anything at all about it. CRAZY

AGCO wants the money from the sales end of story period, they don't care about the possible medical benefits or customer satisfaction.

They set it up so they get a big chunk $$ of every sale, no way around it.
They make every producer sell to them and them alone.
Then they sell it to stores and the public on line and deliveries.
They are undercutting the stores before we even get it.
And they don't have the same overhead as a brick and morter.
Sounds like I'm ranting a bit sorry.
It's a bit of a conundrum and I'm just a little frustrated.
Some great ideas coming in but they won't let us do the good ones.
Thanks again my friend.

Stay safe
Bill

No contact no touching anything no unnecessary activity what so ever its killing every aspect of the fun you can have buying pot.
Everything is prepackaged no samples no looking or smelling anything you purchase.
So we are handcuffed with what we can even do for a client.
Can't even tell them what the strain is good for,pain,appetite, relaxation not allowed by law to say anything at all about it. CRAZY

Stay safe
Bill
A menu with pictures would be great, backlight it or cycle it on a display and at least they can see the product?

Are you allowed to place a QR code to one of the many strain info sites on the menu?

what about a company theme? like a stoners den, hippie shack? employees dress the part,, and are knowledgeable as heck,, music appropriate, decor etc

any of that allowable?

fyi,, i have never set foot in a dispensary

i sure have a dispensary story tho,, just remembered,,

westside road, kelowna to vernon,, the last 20k or so at the vernon end run thru okanagan native land,, or however i can say that appropriately today,, nicknamed 'the green mile'

dispensaries in trailers, shacks, next door to each other, across the street from each other ,, perhaps 20 or so in a few k drive

50 dollars an ounce last i saw,, big tubs of weed,, barrels full,, my son was inside and told me details,, folks crackin weed jokes, status jokes, etc,,

and weed

everywhere and open

A menu with pictures would be great, backlight it or cycle it on a display and at least they can see the product?

Are you allowed to place a QR code to one of the many strain info sites on the menu?
I'm not sure but that is a great , idea I'm going to check now.
Thank you.

Stay safe
Bill

what about a company theme? like a stoners den, hippie shack? employees dress the part,, and are knowledgeable as heck,, music appropriate, decor etc

any of that allowable?

fyi,, i have never set foot in a dispensary

i sure have a dispensary story tho,, just remembered,,

westside road, kelowna to vernon,, the last 20k or so at the vernon end run thru okanagan native land,, or however i can say that appropriately today,, nicknamed 'the green mile'

dispensaries in trailers, shacks, next door to each other, across the street from each other ,, perhaps 20 or so in a few k drive

50 dollars an ounce last i saw,, big tubs of weed,, barrels full,, my son was inside and told me details,, folks crackin weed jokes, status jokes, etc,,

and weed

everywhere and open
AGCO and OPP have no authority over them at all they can do anything they want.
Let you hold hand fulls smell it smoke in the stores give away joints literally anything.
Sell their own home grown.
Sell eatables with 10x the thc% as legal products.
Like you say $50 an ounce, there is no legal way we can compete with them.
It's not a level playing field by any means.
We also have those things you mentioned at first except a theme.
Which is a great idea.
Thank you

Stay safe
Bill & Stacey

What brought you to the dispensary you currently use?
1 Has more variety then other store but there are only two in town. They give out gift cards with purchases higher then 50$ gets u 3$ card 100$ gets u 7$ Card
200$ a 15$ card
It goes on but I never spend more then that.
I find the cards more gratifying then the point system the other store offers.
Although they have spin the wheel fridays with some prizes like 15%, or free pipe. Or something although I’ve never been there I hear it is good.
They have specials everyday of the week.
Like wax Wednesday, shatter Saturday,
Etc.
Why do you keep going back to that particular dispensary?
The variety of concentrates.
What changes would you recommend at dispensaries you frequent?
I love a nice organized display.
Do you have any recommendations at all you would like to see?
There was this one bud tender that didn’t know anything about concentrates.
Or the tools to smoke them.
Like totally nothing.
Don’t let this happen.
What do you dislike about the dispensary you use?
Need more smoking utensils like when it comes to concentrates.
Is there any reason you did not go back to a particular dispensary
They had inexperienced budtenders.
Like previous statement.
Ugh they couldn’t help with flower questions as well.
As they themselves only tried two strains in the whole store.
If you would use delivery , what would you be willing to pay to have your purchase delivered?
$5-$10-$15-$20?
Maybe 5 or 10$ As they do not offer delivery here. but it should be free after a certain dollar amount of spending.
Basically is there anything that would make you change your usual dispensary to a new one
If they had a better display,better bud-tenders
And better deals.
Also what are you paying for what product?
23$ a gram flower
80-105$ a gram concentrates.
But everything is expensive in rural Alaska
And how is the quality?
Ugh it is just so like iffy.
The best way I can put it is that after you buy from a cultivator and their weed is terrible stay away from that group.
I like to purchase flower and concentrates from certain cultivators I see listed at the dispensary That always have quality product
Like they have a website and info on how they run their grow op.
Compared to some that do not and
Have the harshest taste of all.
How important is customer service? Bud tender knowledge?
I stopped going to the other store because the budtenders are just cashiers.

1 Has more variety then other store but there are only two in town. They give out gift cards with purchases higher then 50$ gets u 3$ card 100$ gets u 7$ Card
200$ a 15$ card
It goes on but I never spend more then that.
I find the cards more gratifying then the point system the other store offers.
Although they have spin the wheel fridays with some prizes like 15%, or free pipe. Or something although I’ve never been there I hear it is good.
They have specials everyday of the week.
Like wax Wednesday, shatter Saturday,
Etc.

The variety of concentrates.

I love a nice organized display.

There was this one bud tender that didn’t know anything about concentrates.
Or the tools to smoke them.
Like totally nothing.
Don’t let this happen.

Need more smoking utensils like when it comes to concentrates.

They had inexperienced budtenders.
Like previous statement.
Ugh they couldn’t help with flower questions as well.
As they themselves only tried two strains in the whole store.

Maybe 5 or 10$ As they do not offer delivery here. but it should be free after a certain dollar amount of spending.

If they had a better display,better bud-tenders
And better deals.

23$ a gram flower
80-105$ a gram concentrates.
But everything is expensive in rural Alaska

Ugh it is just so like iffy.
The best way I can put it is that after you buy from a cultivator and their weed is terrible stay away from that group.
I like to purchase flower and concentrates from certain cultivators I see listed at the dispensary That always have quality product
Like they have a website and info on how they run their grow op.
Compared to some that do not and
Have the harshest taste of all.

I stopped going to the other store because the budtenders are just cashiers.
Good afternoon @Scottylikesbud hope your staying warm up there.
I have the wood stove full, hehe.
Thank you so much for your detailed replies.
Yeiks your prices.
$5 really decent flower and $30 a gram for concentrates is about going rate here now.
I'll let Stacey know what you suggested.
Thanks again.
Happy growing.

Stay safe
Bill

are you kidding?

thats stealing in broad daylight :eek:
Yeah I agree it's robbery.
But you have to make concessions when you live up north unfortunately.
Can you imagine what a P costs, yeiks.

Stay safe
Bill

Back
Top Bottom