compact floros

fullmetal

i was checking out some of those spiral floros and was thinking about investing in some of them.
This is what I concluded:
the day light bulb ran on just 22 watts but produced 90 watts
it produced 1200 lumuns at 5500k.
if i got 5 of them I'd have a total of:
450 watts, 60,000 lumuns at 5500k which is about equal to about what a 400watt MH light can put out.
do you think that would be a good way to go to add some light? oh yeah and they go for $10 for a 3 pack. feed back would be great.

i went to wall mart and got one 150W 2,900 lumes =45w for $8 i also got an 200W 2,700 lumes for $8. there bigger bulbs that the small CFL bulbes ur taling about.

$19 350W 5,600 Lumes

The main different between flouros and MH/MV/HPS lights (as it applies here) is the intensity of the light. Even if the bulbs both give off the same lumens rating (which should only be used as a guide, lumens are not totally relavent to how well our plants will grow), the MH/MV/HPS lights will "push" that light further away than flouros will. If the area is small (especially in height) then flouros will work fine, but if you are growing in a whole room and the bulbs are kinda far from the plants then you will see much better results from MH/MV/HPS because those lights penetrate much much (much) better than flouros.

Sorry if I worded this all confusing-like, I have been up for 2 days :-/

Rick

Back
Top Bottom