Compost question

Jmaninthemiddle420

I know compost produces a little bit of heat for hoop houses but do they also produce beneficial co2? I have a compost bucket that is successfully composting indoors next my fan pointing at my window plants under leds which you guys should check out. I also have a oyster mushroom kit. Do they also produce co2 as well
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

From what I understand about adding a source of CO2 to the grow area it is something that is needed when the area is enclosed.

Example being a tent that is zipped up most or all of the time or a small sealed up room. The plant uses up all the available CO2 and very little is getting in except for between the teeth of the zippers, through any openings around the doors and any air exchange using in-line fans, etc.

With young, small plants like the ones in the photos I doubt that they would use up all the available CO2 before they replenish some of it during respiration. At least that is my take on what I have read on adding CO2 sources to a grow area.

Careful with the bucket of vegetation scraps. If the stuff does not get enough oxygen it can start to decompose anaerobically (which means 'without oxygen') and it can start to give of some nasty odors. One way around it is to tumble or turn the stuff over every now and then so the material on the bottom gets a chance at fresh air.

Best use of the kitchen scraps is in a vermi-compost bin. You cant make enough Co2 to make a difference to a plant in an open room. You need it sealed and a lot more Co2.

You can do a vermi bin outdoors in the winter time and all year round.

Do bones and meat scraps in a pile next to the vermi bin and watch the fun.

Crow be a thing.

Back
Top Bottom