Concentrates and 215/SB420

bezerkeleybud

It is always brought to my attention many times over the years, most recently in this thread, that people are having their legitimate medicine confiscated and even enduring arrest due to some police officer's misunderstanding/misinformation/ignorance of the law regarding the definition of "marijuana" under Prop 215. For the record, concentrates are considered "marijuana" under Prop 215/SB420. DO NOT be convinced into believing otherwise.
Here is a link to a .pdf (printable) file of the AGs decision on this over 5 years ago. I stand to be corrected but I believe AG Brown's recently issued guidelines echo the same. I encourage anyone who feels safe doing so who has had their concentrated medicine taken to use this information as you will. And carry a copy of the first page w/ CONCLUSION on your person @ all times.
:peace:

https://www.chrisconrad.com/expert.witness/aglockyerhash03-411.pdf

It is always brought to my attention many times over the years, most recently in this thread, that people are having their legitimate medicine confiscated and even enduring arrest due to some police officer's misunderstanding/misinformation/ignorance of the law regarding the definition of "marijuana" under Prop 215. For the record, concentrates are considered "marijuana" under Prop 215/SB420. DO NOT be convinced into believing otherwise.
Here is a link to a .pdf (printable) file of the AGs decision on this over 5 years ago. I stand to be corrected but I believe AG Brown's recently issued guidelines echo the same. I encourage anyone who feels safe doing so who has had their concentrated medicine taken to use this information as you will. And carry a copy of the first page w/ CONCLUSION on your person @ all times.
:peace:

https://www.chrisconrad.com/expert.witness/aglockyerhash03-411.pdf
Unfortunately the AG's opinion doesn't make state law. it's just how he personally interprets things.

While the AGs op certainly doesn't make state law, it clarifies beyond much argument what the legislators were trying to convey w/ SB 420. Granted, the cops can arrest/harass anyone for anything and leave it up to due process to determine right or wrong. But in the end, the precedent isset. So all the pigs get are the jollies of the bullies they for the most part are.

While the AGs op certainly doesn't make state law, it clarifies beyond much argument what the legislators were trying to convey w/ SB 420. Granted, the cops can arrest/harass anyone for anything and leave it up to due process to determine right or wrong. But in the end, the precedent isset. So all the pigs get are the jollies of the bullies they for the most part are.

My son was just arrested in Monterey County for possession of .1 gram of hashish -- bought at an authorized dispensary with a valid Medical Marijuana Card. Yes -- I am saying POINT 1 (.1) gram of hash! His car was impounded and I had to bail him out after almost 24 hours-- with the bond set at $10,000! The CHP officer mocked my son's possession of the card and desperately tried to tie in an "under the influence" charge to the stop. He could not.

I am LIVID about this... Not only have I now spent over $1,300 in bond and towing fees, I fear that I will now have to hire an attorney and commute to a hearing in Salinas - over 100 miles from our house in Alameda County.

And to think that all of my son's paperwork was simply left in the impounded car... The cop didn't even bother to bring it as evidence. LIVID!!!!

Is there any chance I can recover the $1,000 in Bail Money? This is absurd!

>Is there any chance I can recover the $1,000 in Bail Money? This is absurd!

That I can't answer. I live in Alameda Cty which has made some ambiguous decisions in these cases. I do know friends who got their fees &c; refunded but that may have taken a civil action. I'll get the details and get back to you. a 1/10th of a gram borders on harrasment and when all is said & done, I'd consider that angle as well.
Will keep in touch/ Best of luck.
Peace
(back from a long high-atus) Bezerkeley bud

Back
Top Bottom