Confused-cloning question

Be careful when your clones are taken in a pre flowering stage and don't take them too far into flowering: I had this happen recently " Family was in town" and took them one week after I put them in the flowering area, not the night before as I always do> this resulted in the clones going into immediate bud... it has taken 3 weeks for them to regain vertical growth, Using rock wool & Earth Juice Gell as dip, & Earth Juice Rootstock they have snapped out of flower>
And no you do not have to cut as close to the mainstock as possible>

It does get easier as you go along>

A Hui Hou
Cherma..please read the flowering clone thread in my signature. Using flowering clones is a excellent way to keep a perpetual grow without needing mother plants. I use a old small stereo cabinet that is too small to hold a mother but will hold 3 or 4 clones perfectly. I take them at 21 days into flower because they are 8 week strains and they end up being ready to flower right at harvest of their donor plants. 9 weeks strains are taken at day 28 and so on. For some reason the flowering clone also has proliferate branching which makes using them for SCRoGs ideal. Yes there is a reveg period. it's normal and not a bad thing in anyway unless your trying to cut clones for a right away project. That has to be done before flower. I believe these guys got the idea for the flowering clone from my thread which is why I asked you to read it. You might understand where they are coming from better.

Oh yeah...there is a drawback to the flowering clone...for some reason the branches seem thinner than seed stock. not a problem with those who use a lot of air circulation or trellis or screens but those who don't might want to remembr that when growing with flowering clones. The bud size seems to stay the same..the branches just don't seem to be able to handle the weight and droop or sag easier.

Let me repharse, I wondered if you could take a clone from mid stem. I guess I'll just have to wait to see if it will takes. it's not my first rodeo by a long shot. Stay Down Wood

Oh yeah...there is a drawback to the flowering clone...for some reason the branches seem thinner than seed stock. not a problem with those who use a lot of air circulation or trellis or screens but those who don't might want to remembr that when growing with flowering clones. The bud size seems to stay the same..the branches just don't seem to be able to handle the weight and droop or sag easier.

Well said, I have a ss haze that this happend to and all the clones have had weak branches that need tied to keep out of the res. lol

Back
Top Bottom