cool tube question

moonmist3207

Hello, i was looking into getting a 400 watt cooltube but i already have a 173cfm inline fan, will that work? If so all the ones ive seen have a 6'' tube. Now the fan i have is a 4'', do they have converters for 6'' to 4''? thanks for the help!:thanks:

Hello, i was looking into getting a 400 watt cooltube but i already have a 173cfm inline fan, will that work? If so all the ones ive seen have a 6'' tube. Now the fan i have is a 4'', do they have converters for 6'' to 4''? thanks for the help!:thanks:
The 173 cfm inline will do a great job. You'll want to mount it so it pulls the hot air off the lamp rather than push air across it.
For the 6" to 4" you will need duct work reducers that are available at Lowes, Home Depot, or your local hydro supply shop.:goodluck:

I'm using a cool tube with a 430 and I have pics of the setup in my journal. I too had to use the 6 to 4 reducers for it and the cooling system I built.
I use a 125 cfm exaust on the light and it never gets hot.:rollit:

thanks man for the help!! would u suggest the cool tube over the classic hood?

It depends. The euro cooler reflectors are nice but if you deal with extreme heat you may need to use an insulation cover over the reflector to keep the heat inside of it. The glass surface can also get very hot under the light. Tempered glass is highly recommended.

There really is no comparison when it comes to heat disapation between standard air cooled reflectors and euro/cool tube reflectors. I've used Hydrofarm reflectors that had the air cooling connections but they still got very hot.

I like the cool tube because it uses pyrex glass which takes alot of heat to get hot and there's no real area of the reflector that can heat up. The euro cooler probably has better reflection qualities with a bit more heat and the cool tube has lower reflection qualities with better heat evacuation. Both however are excellent choices and either one will do a fine job providing plenty of light to your garden.

Back
Top Bottom