Cooling a 400w hps cool tube, the right way

DankkAbuser

Watsup 420 members,
i have a bit of an issue
i just pikked up a 400w cool tube mh/hps
ive only grown with cfls so im fairly new to these lighting systems
My question is : wat kind of inline duct fan would keep my 400w cool tube from over heating and burning my plants
how many cfm's to cool 400w?
thanks for all the help in advance

all i can do to help, is to assure you that your answer is here, standard 4" "dryer" hose is most common, go to the 420 tab for lighting, you will find your answer

I havr a 6in inline duct fan now
Pushing 165cfm's
but blades are plastic so i dony want to install it
and it ends up melting all over my plant
how many cfms would cool a 400w bulb??

I havr a 6in inline duct fan now
Pushing 165cfm's
but blades are plastic so i dony want to install it
and it ends up melting all over my plant
how many cfms would cool a 400w bulb??
all i can do to help, is to assure you that your answer is here, standard 4" "dryer" hose is most common, go to the 420 tab for lighting, you will find your answer

Get something 100 cfm at least. Depends how far you need to push the hot air. 250 cfm per 1000w is common

I have a 165cfm duct fan
but blade is plastic
is that good enough or will bladez melt?
if so ill go with withe 250cfm all metal

yes you should be fine(heat wise) I use them around my woodstove, even one on top, 2 years now, no problem with heat,melting blades

will it be a straight shot from the cooltube?? those things don't like any back pressure(the 165)
less restriction the better for those fans:thumb:

yep what kjc said that way your pulling cool air through the fan shouldn't have any issues

yes you should be fine(heat wise) I use them around my woodstove, even one on top, 2 years now, no problem with heat,melting blades

will it be a straight shot from the cooltube?? those things don't like any back pressure(the 165)
less restriction the better for those fans:thumb:

what do u mean by straight shot

Back
Top Bottom