Cops Disperse Pot Party in Oshawa

Ms. RedEye

420 Support
420 Staff
OSHAWA -- A small crowd which gathered for what was billed as a "Cannabis Day" celebration at Alexandra Park in Oshawa has been met by almost a dozen police officers and ordered to disperse.

Organizers who promoted the event through YouTube and Facebook said Tuesday that the event had been cancelled and indicated that police had put pressure on them to pull the plug.

However, just over 20 people showed up about 4 p.m. today at the city-owned park just north of Lakeridge Health Oshawa.

Protestors say police gave them 15 minutes to disperse and the park was cleared shortly before 5 p.m. as the rally made its way south on Simcoe Street to reconvene in front of the office of Oshawa MP Colin Carrie.

Many of the protestors have permits to smoke medical marijuana. No arrests have been made.

News Hawk: MsRedEye: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: newsdurhamregion.com
Copyright: 2009 Metroland Media Group, Ltd.
Website: newsdurhamregion.com | Cops disperse pot party in Oshawa

i cant really say i disagree with this because technicley it is still illegel so you cant get mad for cops doing there job. this is just my oppinian

yes, even hitler's army blindly did what they were told. people need to stand up for what is right. saying "i had orders" makes us into goons.

Back
Top Bottom