Correct PH for an indoor hydro setup

whats up man....I am curently running 2 "water farm" hydro buckets indoors under a T5 40,000 lumens....and my PH is kept at 6 and checked everyday and there exploding!!!

Check out the proof in the pudding here , It is under my name of "happiehippie" here in these forams someware.

Hope this helps.....PIECE

I have be growing hydroponically for a while now. Started 3 years ago with an Aero Garden Extra and evolved to a 16 plant SOG (sea of green) which is an ebb and flow system with two 900 watt advanced led panels above, two 450 watt advanced led panels for angular side lighting, and two 240 watt led UFO lights which are of the red spectrum and only used as supplemental lighting during flowering. This is accomplished in a Yield Labs 68" by 68" by 68" grow tent. I have found the easiest way to maintain proper ph and tds levels is to find a nutrient that provides both micro and macro nutrients to your plants, instills healthy root systems, and builds strong cell structure. Through trial and error I've the General Hydroponics Flora Duo. This a two part nutrient that, when used per the dosage instructions is virtually fool proof. When mixed with RO or distilled water will properly raise your ph to 5.8-6.0. Just make sure you follow the dosage schedule, and change your reservoir WEEKLY! Keep the reservoir fresh. Don't deplete the reservoir of nutrients BEFORE you change the water, this will shock and unnecessarily stress your plants. And only REPLENISH with FRESH water(mutes don't evaporate, they concentrate.) Check water level daily,inspect equipment,check timers and lights. Be proactive, don't wait till it's too late. Good Growing.

bump cuz I got the same question, yes I know I'm bringing back a dead thread, no need to start a new one on the same subject... Are we in agreement that your hydro pH should be around 5.8-6.3 during flowering??? I know Nitrogen is the primary nutrient used in flowering and from the charts I have, nitrogen becomes "fully" available at 6.0 correct??

No one commented on this? Nitrogen is NOT the primary nutrient used during flowering. It is in Veg but not flower. In flower P and K are the primary nutes. N is needed. Dont get me wrong but its not the most used by far. I have seen OG's that like more N than other strains but still nowhere near the amount of P and K used. Cal and Mag are next in line as most used. Also iron and Boron are used slightly more in the reproductive(flowering) stage.

Btw...be careful with P and Cal. These tend to bind to each other at higher PH's. This is why I like to drop my PH in flower slightly to between 5.5 and 5.8. Not lower than 5.5. I also subscribe to the let it gradually rise theory. It does allow different nutrients to be freed up and used as the PH rises. This should be VERY gradual tho. Like over several days or so. In this manner you assure that each nutrient spends some time in an unbound and bioavailable state.

The BEST way to answer these questions for yourself tho is to take two clones in identical environments and nutrient solutions with the exception of the PH. Have one set high at 6.5 and another set low to 5.5 or whatever range you are testing. Then monitor your results. Why trust others including myself when science is just as much your friend as it is mine. Theorize, test your theories, gather data. Question answered definitively:)

Back
Top Bottom