Could do with your advice, sick plants!

Sbear

Hi everyone, ive been putting off posting thinking i could deal with my sick girls by myself but i cant let them suffer anymore.
Im currently growing a Brainstorm, two Big Bangs and two dwarfs. The problem is with the Brainstorm and one of the Big Bangs. The Brainstorm is 7 weeks old and has been in flower for 3 weeks. The problem is that up until i changed the lights to 12/12 it was a healthy strong plant, then it started to show some stress. It started yellowing between the veins. i thought this might have been Nitro deficiency as it was stretching when i switched it into flower. I fed it with half dose of Baby Bio as well as 1/4 dosing with flowering feed and very small dose of epsom salts. This didnt seem to do anything as it steadily got worse. I didnt feed it anything for the next week thinking i might have overfed it. On the smaller leaves the tips started to become more and more yellow with small rust spots on them, I have fed it agian two days ago with full dose of baby bio thinking it might still be nitrogen and Mg defficiency. I have also started getting big brown spots on the edges of some of the leaves. The Big Bang is only 3 weeks old as i wanted to try it as a 12/12 from seed. The leaves are yellowing and curving length ways almost making a tube. i Have only fed it a half dose of Baby Bio since it sprouted.

The ph on both are around 6.7 and i ph rainwater with the feed to 6.8.
The average temp of the room is around 78F.
The soil is Westland container compost with added potash(wish i read on here first)
the light is 400hps
both plants have constant fan blowing lightly on them
The flower feed is hammerhead 0-9-18 which was in the soil section on the site i brought it from but turns out its for hydros.

would really apreciate any help you guys can give me.

brainstorm1.jpg
Brainstorm
brainstorm2.jpg
Brainstorm
brainstorm3.jpg
Brainstorm
bigbang1.jpg
Big Bang

Looks like a deficiency in magnesium. Mg is the central atom in chlorophyll and in production of carbohydrates. The deficiency starts on lower leaves turning them yellow , leaving only the veins green. The leaves curl up and die along the tips and edges. Growing shoots are pale green, turning almost white. Mg is easily treated using Epsom salts [MgSO4] @ 1 tbl spoon per gallon. For fastest results a foliar spray can be applied to leaves. I would foliar feed for a few days then add to feed the rest of the way till you switch to you finishing levels of feed. once they get behind on an important nut like Mg they will need the supplement pretty much the rest of their short lives. Dolomitic limestone contains large amounts of Mg and is part of the bases of a good soil mixture. This is strait from ED ROSENTHAL'S INDOOR HIGH YEILD GUIDE. This is a good reference guide to have in your library...Good Luck

I've given the plant a few foliar feeds of Epsom's salts as suggested and it was beginning to look much better on the top half, started to get he colour back. I gave it one last foliar feed of Epsom's salts last night just before the lights went out and awoke this morning to find about 20% of the smaller leaves completely dried out and shriveled will crumple to bit's when touched? Not quite sure what would cause this after only 12 hours, any suggestions? I was also thinking as the plant responded to foliar feeding with Epsom salts, but did not when I watered them with Epsom salts just over a week before that i might have some kind of lockout and might need flush?
if so I just hope it will last until I can order some new feed with trace elements.

fried small leaves is usually a sign of nute burn I'd start flushing check the posts on flushing stay with the foliar feeding get some more pics up if you can.....

OK, I've got some biobizz bloom that should be here tomorrow, Ive now flushed them through as i started having some trouble with one of my dwarf plants also. Should i just leave them to dry up now before i water with the nutes and just foliar spray for the Mg def until that time? I'm thinking that the added potash in the soil may have had something to do with the burn, hoping things will be easier now I've flushed them through. The bio bizz apparently has 70 trace elements so I'm hoping the Mg def will not be as bad as before as i was worried i added to much and locked out something else.I tried to upload photos but it will not let me for some reason, the crisp leaves, there are so many i don't hold out much hope for her but at least i can save the others.

Yea I'd stay with a light foliar feed, too much spray and you could wash needed nutes already in plant out , so go light. When you get bloom feed read directions for foliar application and add w/ epsone then as buds get larger stop foliar and just feed normally w a little epsi added cross fingers hope for best GOOD Luck...

i know when i cant resolve an issue in 48 hours i get irritated... it does seem like MG deficiency. i think you should lower your pH a little, i pH my nutes to about 6.4 - 6.3 and the runoff is around 6.0... i have some pics in my journal if you want to see how they are doing

They are looking much better now with the new feed. Not too many leaves left but the buds are getting bigger and lots of new growth and leaves coming through. Thankyou for suggesting the epsom salts foliar feed its looking much better now. its a shame i overfed them to get burn at the same time, but hopefully all should go smoothly now. I got one more issue with my white dwarf, its very small but the whole plant seems to be very very pale apart from the tips of two leaves although it doesnt look as bad in the pic. any ideas on this one? once again thanks for all your help.
Photo-0083.jpg

from the picture it doesn't look too bad but I'm not seeing it to compare with other health plants double check you basics, light air and feed and temp, and know that some variance in color and shape is different from 1 pheno type to another.

Back
Top Bottom