Could someone confirm this please?

shbi73

Hi again :welcome:

I've spend hours reading about different lights and I just cant choose the correct light for me!

I'm planning to use my dwc to grow 6-8 plants and I wanna use this set because I think 1200w with reflectors should work fine (but thats just my thoughts!)

Cowboystudio 1200 Watt Photography, Video, and Portrait Studio Umbrella Continuous Lighting Kit
4163Mou4o7L_SL500_.jpg

The question is do you think this is a good and enough light source for my grow?

FYI, I need a set of lights that cover my plants needs from the beginning to the end; if you could also post the link from where I can purchase I would really appreciate it :)

Thanks in advance :thanks:

Those will not work as they are for photography. they are designed to mimic the color of the flash. A HPS kit would serve you much better.

The photo below is for example only by going ahead and buying a air cooled hood and remote ballast it gives you the ability to better battle heat problems down the road. There are numerous vendors here on 420 and on the web do your research and spend the extra now and you wont have to spend more down the road to correct problems that you can plan for now.

glsetx400dhac6_1.jpg

I have a grow going right now. I'm using 2 - 1000 watt High Intensity Discharge lights (HID). This is in a (roughly) 10' X 10' room. I also have a 8' X 4' grow tent that is for my different mothers and freshly cut clones. This room has 3 - 32watt T8's, 2 - 24 (or maybe 26) watt T5's, and 2 - 40watt T12's. I will say that the fluorescent lights are great for heat issues but they truly pale in comparison to the HID lights. It may seem unfair to compare 200+/- watts of fluorescent to 2000 watts of hid but seriously, they crank out the growth. The cfl lights are great if time isn't an issue and heat is but for truly great growth, hid's all the way.

Are you looking to use CFL's for low electricity usage? And heating? If thats the case go with a BADBOY T5 HO lighting system. Get a 4ft 8bulb or 12 bulb if you will. Low electricity usage and not alot of heat compared to the MH/HPS. Im throwing in my 2 cents because I see that you have CFL's as your first choice regardless of the photo set up.

The bulbs are also cheap to replace. About $13 per bulb

I apologize. WizHigh is right. If you're going with CFL's then WizHigh has the right idea. I was thinking in terms of 'what's the best lights to use' and CFL's can totally be those lights if energy usage and heat are primary issues. To be honest, I had to switch my grow from DWC to soil in a act of desperation due to heat issues. Make no mistake, HID lights crank out the heat, use up the juice but do make those plants grow like crazy!

Hey Elious how you been bud? I was just throwing out my opinion on lights. The badboy T5's are HID lighting. Just low in energy and heat. As in the cooler spectrum of the bulbs though. The PAR may or may not be equal to HPS. But MH vs Badboy, badboy kicks MH ass. With out getting ridiculous in cash. But if he does chooses to go with MH/HPS he could go with a 400w Philips CMH bulb which puts out less heat than your average MH/HPS lightings. :)

Wasn't a problem on the last run. They worked together all the way to the top of the tent. LOL
The cool tube had a HPS bulb. This is my first run with the CMH. Definitely reduces the stretch.
It remains to be seen how well it does with the buds.

What's up Wizards?!?! So there's another kind of HID light coming out?!?! If it burns cooler, I'm looking into it. These 1000 HPS/MH are really hot! Summer Ian coming and I dont know how well I can maintain the heat. The DWC proved to be more than I could handle. You should check out how much I had to go through. I have a journal. Craziest crap I've ever delt with man. From soil, to DWC to RDWC, back to soil. Didn't miss a beat though. Its going alright.
Speaking of bulbs though, I got new bulbs for our mother plant and its like a dual spectrum CFL. it has had big improvements on the mommas growth.

Hey Elious yea those are the CMH bulbs but Philips are going to discountinue them. But they will will still sell the retro whites. GE will have them though. But I heard GE brand sucks with the CMH. They dont carry them in 1000w though. They only go up to 400w.

Wheres a link to your journal? IDK if you been pass mine but Im doing a RSDWC set up in my 1.5 journal. Check it out if you havent already been over :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom