Could use any help possible

calydude1984

Hello everyone new here and I was just wondering if anybody could possibly help me with a question I recently acquired an original phototron hydroponic grow box and it has the black cord that goes to the lights which I understand but it also has a little brown cord that goes to the bottom of the unit and I was wondering is it a built-in heater or is it a hydroponic pump of some sort can someone please tell me I'm going to post a couple pictures

16709929110225569521570481234213.jpg

20221213_204701.jpg

20221213_204652.jpg

16709934301767117671625630891334.jpg

Hiya,

Its Brown and female which suggests its providing power to me, but seriously I’m no electrician. Maybe it was to daisy chain or something? Do you have a model number or anything? Do your lights have power?

I think it might be for the “Feed-O-Tron” automatic watering system that was an optional extra.

Fun reading about them and the history.

Check out Amazon reviews some old timers commentating there might help?

No idea but the female plug has a set screw…. normally those are made from 1 piece molded plastic. The cord cap could have been installed that way from the factory but typically ones with a set screw are a replacement part…. meaning it could have overheated and was replaced.

same goes for that brown lamp cord…. anyway sounds like a cool project - be safe.

welcome aboard Calydude!!!

It’s a female plug (method for internal disconnect inside the cabinet) meaning an external or auxiliary device should plug into the female plug (if his unit is so equipped)

Capn Obvious sez…. you can’t plug a female plug into a female outlet

Anywho think that’s what the op is asking - what’s it for? why is it unplugged?

edit to add: since it’s an enclosed cabinet you will defs need a fan running to vent heat out

I would hazard a guess that it is an auxiliary cord, for you to plug a second light, kind of like the way you string Xmas lights, that way all lights run off one timer

Back
Top Bottom