Could use some help on new plant/ first time grower

Xungiter

Hi guys, I could use some help. This is my first chance at growing. I've done some pretty good reading but I'm not quite sure what the problem is. One of the lower flowers are burned from the light being too close. The leafs are mostly pointing down at the ends. This is just bag seed of some bud I found, mostly just trying to get the basic grow started. I moved it to a bigger pot and I can see it gets slightly larger each day, it just seems weak.

I am looking for any input. Temps are staying 75-88, humidity is 30-50%. I have a fan above the light that pushes a small amount down into the container, so it has consistent airflow.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

IMG_200911.JPG
IMG_200710.JPG
IMG_200311.JPG

Sounds like you'll be fine.. looks like the leaves are wilted some, but they should come back. What kind of setup are you using and how close are you keeping your lights? You'll need at least a gallon of container per month of plant growth, to keep them from getting root bound. What's your current light cycle and any nutes? ;) Let me know, I like to consult fellow farmers myself, always nice to have a second opinion ya know.. Happy growing!

Plant Abuse Chart

hiya im no expert but i think you need to see if you can hang the light horizontal, do not point the fan directly at the plant if you have been, does that cup allow good drainage? it needs a good hole or 2 in the bottom, it probably could use a larger pot but not emergency just yet, with your temps getting that high i am thinking that foil is also detrimental it can be quite warm itself, use some white color material,maybe the back side of christmas wrapping paper might be laying around and would be reflective without heat and lastly are you letting the soil dry out really well before watering,young ones can be easily over watered
i think you can still grow a fine plant from here so dont give up and learn from whatever happens cause experience is where its at
im not a lot of help but we at least get another bump of your post so someone experienced might catch it
good luck and take care =)

Thanks for the replies. I just moved it into the larger container about a week ago and it's grown up quite a bit since then. I'm not using any nutes yet - Im planning on starting them in this weekend. I put it straight into fox farms soil and was afraid it may of just had too many nutrients.

I have been trying to use the thumbish deep method of determinng if it needed more water. I burned it a little and over watered a bit at the beginning. I honestly didn't expect it to get this far, just the first try but have been suprised it's lived this long. I will be moving the light to a horizontal position and try and watch the water.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Good job. The plant should now be in it's final pot. Don't want too much transplanting going on. You really need to capture more of your light.. make a tent out of reflective material and shoot the light back down. Fan yes but direct fan will cause a wilty look until the plant gets a little larger. Good Luck and send another pic.

Didn't see a rule about bringing this up with age since its the same plant. I started 12/12 cycle about 2 weeks ago and I'm seeing massive dryness in my leaves. It looks like heat damage so I've slowly over time moved my CFLs out of the way but the issue seems to continue.

Can anyone provide a confirmation if this is heat damage and the best way to fix it? the CFL's are about 14" from the plant now which seems too far but the issue just seems to get worst no matter which I do. I have been doing nutes (big bloom and tiger bloom) and watering roughly every other day (soil is pretty wet past the first inch). The pH is staying around 5.5~6.5

QCKN9Un.jpg

jOLPN9G.jpg

NQuoRtz.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm worried I may lose it or have bad buds.

With reading above, would it be good to go back and put the emergency blanket stuff on the bottom / outside?

Your plant appears nutrient burned. I recommend you place your Compact Florescent Lights 5-6 inches from your plant. You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Here is a list of reflective materials to help you decide

What Reflective Materials Can I Use For My Grow Room?

Back
Top Bottom