Couple of basic new guy questions

Seeds can last forever if you have them in the correct environment. I popped a seed I've had for 25 years and it turned out beautiful. Had an indoor crop tested and it was awesome. Holding on to this one! We are thinking of entering the cannabis cup this year with it. So to answer your question about seeds, yes they will last. Keep them in the dark and sealed environment. Worked for me!

I use smart pots also. Mine range from 3 gal. To 100 gallon.
As said from others on the post, it just depends on what size you want your plants.

If you want monster plants, go big. I run my indoor with 3-5 gallon pots due to height restrictions and pull 3-5 ounces off each plant at harvest. They get about 4 feet tall, plus I top them aggressively to create more flower sites. However, if you don't top, they will reach for the sky!

I have 2 now that are 5 feet tall and in 5 gallon pots. I also have 20 and 25 gallon pots and they are damn near 8 feet tall and 6-7 feet wide.

Rule of thumb: the bigger the root mass, the bigger the plant.

Good luck in your endeavor!

pontiacman

wow! yeah, that's pretty darn amazing...never woulda thought. Hmm..... so you can kinda control how tall the outdoors can get, through "pruning", etc., and all that? I guess I better get researched up on that, as well. That's all brand new to me.
wow..... 8ft tall and 6ft wide!!! LOL--- shew, bet they are beauties!!! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate your help....along with everyone else. :thanks:

ps- I decided to go with Tortured Soul's "recommendation" he posted, and bought some Purple Haze x Malawi seeds, from Ace. They have slightly better pest/mold/heat 'resistance' than my other choices.....so, what the heck? New guy better reduce risks all he can, right?

wow! yeah, that's pretty darn amazing...never woulda thought. Hmm..... so you can kinda control how tall the outdoors can get, through "pruning", etc., and all that? I guess I better get researched up on that, as well. That's all brand new to me.
wow..... 8ft tall and 6ft wide!!! LOL--- shew, bet they are beauties!!! Thanks for your input, I really appreciate your help....along with everyone else. :thanks:

ps- I decided to go with Tortured Soul's "recommendation" he posted, and bought some Purple Haze x Malawi seeds, from Ace. They have slightly better pest/mold/heat 'resistance' than my other choices.....so, what the heck? New guy better reduce risks all he can, right?

This is my current outdoor....

Attachments

• IMG_20180913_145331_307.jpg
    IMG_20180913_145331_307.jpg
    948.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20180909_105122_843.jpg
    IMG_20180909_105122_843.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180909_105032_559.jpg
    IMG_20180909_105032_559.jpg
    432.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20180826_090133_971.jpg
    IMG_20180826_090133_971.jpg
    1,022.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20180826_090042.jpg
    IMG_20180826_090042.jpg
    649.9 KB · Views: 46

That was just a suggestion (in other words, don't come looking for me if you end up growing a turnip, lol) - but the description sure is nice.
Ace Seeds said:
Outdoors, it produces excellent results in tropical/subtropical climates, and it can also be grown in coastal climates with warm autumn up to latitude 43º. In continental or highland climates it can be grown up to latitude 35º.

We recommend moderate-low levels of nutrients for the whole cycle, especially of nitrogen.

Might want to post in Landrace Genetics 101 to see if anyone here has grown it and, if so, if they can offer any advice.

Years ago, some old (if I remember correctly) Seminole Indian woman used to show up about once a year with a big load of "Florida Swamp Bud." Was the only strain I ever got publicly STOOPID ( ;) ) on - and after a couple of hits! Walked into a convenience store before work one morning to buy a bottle of soda pop, got up to the counter, tried to figure out how much change to give her for payment (I can do math in my sleep)... and finally ended up throwing a big handful on the counter and telling the lady, "You'll have to figure it out, because I'm way too stoned." Work that day... cost me almost $100 :rolleyes: . So if you stumble across a wizened old native Floridian woman who has left a trail of goofballs, reeling in her wake... I suggest you try to talk her out of some seeds, LMFAO.

Re: Topping a plant, you can do much the same thing by tying down the top of the plant so that it's at - or preferably, below - the height of the other plant, and this will force a redistribution of the auxins (plant hormones) from that primary tip into the "new highest ones," and that will cause them to take off growing. It's a light-seeking response. That's part of why the "SCROG" growing technique works so well; in theory, you can use this technique outdoors, too, and it actually works in practice but you might end up with a plant that takes up a LOT of area, assuming your screen is large enough, and feel like some kind of burrowing animal after trying to crawl around underneath it on a daily basis for an extended period of time adjusting the hundreds or even thousands of individual "tops/tips" before flowering begins <SHUDDERS> .

That was just a suggestion (in other words, don't come looking for me if you end up growing a turnip, lol) - but the description sure is nice.

Might want to post in Landrace Genetics 101 to see if anyone here has grown it and, if so, if they can offer any advice.

Years ago, some old (if I remember correctly) Seminole Indian woman used to show up about once a year with a big load of "Florida Swamp Bud." Was the only strain I ever got publicly STOOPID ( ;) ) on - and after a couple of hits! Walked into a convenience store before work one morning to buy a bottle of soda pop, got up to the counter, tried to figure out how much change to give her for payment (I can do math in my sleep)... and finally ended up throwing a big handful on the counter and telling the lady, "You'll have to figure it out, because I'm way too stoned." Work that day... cost me almost $100 :rolleyes: . So if you stumble across a wizened old native Floridian woman who has left a trail of goofballs, reeling in her wake... I suggest you try to talk her out of some seeds, LMFAO.

Re: Topping a plant, you can do much the same thing by tying down the top of the plant so that it's at - or preferably, below - the height of the other plant, and this will force a redistribution of the auxins (plant hormones) from that primary tip into the "new highest ones," and that will cause them to take off growing. It's a light-seeking response. That's part of why the "SCROG" growing technique works so well; in theory, you can use this technique outdoors, too, and it actually works in practice but you might end up with a plant that takes up a LOT of area, assuming your screen is large enough, and feel like some kind of burrowing animal after trying to crawl around underneath it on a daily basis for an extended period of time adjusting the hundreds or even thousands of individual "tops/tips" before flowering begins <SHUDDERS> .

HAHHA!!!!! no problem- I wont hold you responsible :laugh: ya grow at yer own risk- btw, you happen to have the old ladies phone number? hehehahaa

To be honest with you, we assumed that she had passed beyond the veil. This was in the mid-'90s, and she wasn't exactly young even then.

Back
Top Bottom