Court Support for Joe Grumbine - Long Beach 12/10

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The hearing is set for 8:30 AM on Friday December 10 in Long Beach Superior Court House, 415 W Ocean Blvd. in Long Beach, CA.

Background Info:

The whole wide world is a safer place and Californians can sleep tighter tonight as medical marijuana advocate Joe Grumbine is now in jail. A peace loving family man, talented organic gardener (willowcreeksprings.net) and founder of The Human Solution, a non-profit citizens' education and advocacy group, Grumbine was handcuffed and taken away Wednesday morning when Judge Arthur Jean imposed an excessive $200K bail.

Grumbine and former business partner Joe Byron operated Unit D a medical marijuana collective in Garden Grove where they provided medicine to sick patients, paid their taxes, and were in full compliance with California state law and Attorney General Jerry Brown's collective guidelines. Nonetheless in December 2009 no less than 120 law enforcement agents stormed four locations in Los Angeles, Orange and Riverside counties in a terrifying SWAT style raid. Seventeen people were arrested. A year later only Grumbine and Byron face actual charges.

Grumbine believes prosecutors sought excessive bail in order to pressure him to take a felony plea bargain. As he has done nothing wrong under California law, he steadfastly maintains the plea bargain is not an option.

“I have worked too long and too hard for too many people who have gone through the legal hell that I am now going through to sell out my principles and admit to a felony I did not commit,” he says. “During the raid, one of the agents actually told my wife that all marijuana users should be put down like animals. This kind of outrageous abuse has to stop and my taking a plea bargain for something I didn't do will not help that cause,” maintains Grumbine.

Despite medical marijuana being legal in California since the passage of Prop 215 in 1996, and despite the Obama administration's promise not to prosecute medical marijuana cases, the legal harassment of patients and collectives continue and law abiding citizens like Joe Grumbine get caught in the crossfire.

Twenty or so medical marijuana patients, all wearing The Human Solution's signature green ribbons and some in wheelchairs, attended the bail hearing. A significantly larger crowd of outraged supporters are expected at Grumbine's December 10 bail reduction hearing. Those who support safe access to medical marijuana for patients as well as the members of the media are encouraged to attend. The hearing is set for 8:30 AM on Friday December 10 in Long Beach Superior Court House, 415 W Ocean Blvd. in Long Beach, CA.

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Direct Submission - Press Release
Author: Christopher Glew, Attorney for Joe Grumbine
Copyright: 2010 The Human Solution

Back
Top Bottom