Crackling when burning?

420AM&PM

I got some buds today, it looks and smells like killer buds, crystal covered with orange hairs ... Everytime i go to smoke and i start burning the weed it crackles ... actually taste good ..i dont know it almost taste sweet. very up there kinda high.

ak478.jpg

I did a search but couldnt find anything ... I just dont understand why, me and a buddy got this same shit before from the same guy, ... and we smoked a joint and it did the same thing.

ive heard it does this when its moist, also i read somewhere it crackles when its laced with something, ive had perfectly fine bud in the past that crackles so you should be fine.

Stems and seeds do that sometimes. I realy wouldn't worry about it unless it seems like there is something wrong. Sounds like your not having that problem.

Seeds pop a lot. Poor man fireworks ; ). Can't afford real ones? Leave the seends in your joint!

:peace: Earth Child

Crackling, and sparking nugs are those that were not completely flushed prior to harvest. The left over nutrients cause small explosions, or crackling. No worries mate, you should be fine.

One time i rolled a seed up and i swear to got it not only crakced but fucking exploded and blew a big hole in the blunt.

Usually this means the plants were not flushed well enough prior to harvest to remove all of the nutrients left in them. However, this usually goes hand and hand with a horrible taste, so if it still tastes fine, chances are its because it was dryed/cured in a rush and the remaining chlorophyll has not broken down completely causing it to spark and crackle when lit.

Seeds sometimes explode because cannabis seeds contain a small pocket of water inside them vital to the sprout inside. If you have the seed surrounded by fire, the water inside will begin to heat and pressure will build inside the seed's casing...and before you know it... that pressure has no where to go and....POP! The seed "explodes".

RooRman said:
Usually this means the plants were not flushed well enough prior to harvest to remove all of the nutrients left in them.
YES.
RooRman said:
However, this usually goes hand and hand with a horrible taste, so if it still tastes fine, chances are its because it was dryed/cured in a rush
MAYBE
RooRman said:
and the remaining chlorophyll has not broken down completely causing it to spark and crackle when lit.
NO
RooRman said:
Seeds sometimes explode because cannabis seeds contain a small pocket of water inside them vital to the sprout inside. If you have the seed surrounded by fire, the water inside will begin to heat and pressure will build inside the seed's casing...and before you know it... that pressure has no where to go and....POP! The seed "explodes".
YES

ive heard you can weigh buds down with saltwater than let them sit so the water evaporates but the salt stays, makes it weigh a little more and crackles when you smoke it, its a dirty trick some dealers use

BluntMan said:
ive heard you can weigh buds down with saltwater than let them sit so the water evaporates but the salt stays, makes it weigh a little more and crackles when you smoke it, its a dirty trick some dealers use

Never heard of that, but some sketchy dealers will pour/spray cola or sugar water on their weed to make it "sparkle", tricking people into thinking it's good.
That can cause crackling.

BluntMan said:

These buds do weigh alot, when i went over to get it yesterday .. the first thing he told me to do is weigh it, he said said that he weigh it and it was right on ... But it didnt look nothing like the bag i should be getting ... Got the scales out and it was right on. This guy i go to right now, its the same guy i get all my hydro and good od from .. comes straight from canada.

000_0546.jpg

000_0542.jpg

TheLife said:
I've had the same thing happen to me before man... The bud looked DANK. but the high wasnt quite up to par with the looks of the herb, (and it was crackling and sparking every hit) so i examined it under a microscope, and there were crystals on it, that were'nt naturally formed on there... (bigger whiter crystals, compared to the trichromes, Alien to the marijuana plant) (someone put something on the weed)

That must be what it is then ... This bud is the same exact way you are talking, looks like chunks of crystals, and they rub off very easy.

Thats how i know it wasnt seeds, back in my first timer days i had it happen a few times ...

Akornpatch said:
YES. MAYBE NO YES

My kid calls seeds that are smoked hippie grenades. :Rasta:

I had some odd burning in a bowl a couple of times. I thought it was the crystals, but...??? It looked just like teeny 4th of July sparklers. Kinda trippy.

medMUser

sometimes weed that has been sprayed crackles and pops (like Rice Krispies!) but minor crackling is ok.. does it taste funny?
Same is happening to me great smell. Small buds very light some white hairs..but no trychromes? Gets me bent though...do you know what's happening? I've had laced and it isn't that

Back
Top Bottom