Crosby's black strap molasses

INoV4

420 Member
Hey there, I recently just purchased this crosbys blackstrap molasses and am having a hard time finding out if it's unsulphered. Does anyone know this information?

00056786000567.jpg

dr.h00k

said in a thread on June 8, 2017
"That Crosby's will work fine...cheerz...h00k...:Hookah"

blackstrap molasses and am having a hard time finding out if it's unsulphered.
One option is to contact the company and ask them.

The bigger question is why does it have to be unsulphured? There is no rule that says so and I have been looking for several years. Farmers certainly are not going to pay the extra for unsulphured molasses. The only time to not use a sulphured molasses is when the molasses is going to be used for cooking, baking, candy making. The sulphur gives the molasses a sulpher taste and the soil bacteria and farm animals don't care.

Most likely years ago someone growing a Marijuana plant in his or her basement went to the supermarket and bought a jar of molasses found in the baking section and used it as a soil additive. They then went and told people on the internet that it worked and their plants looked healthier. They mentioned that the label said "unsulphured" and the next guy told everyone that would listen that the molasses had to be unsulphered.

The processor of the sugar cane or sugar beets will use the sulphur to speed up the process instead of having to spend time waiting on the natural processes. I would not be surprised if the gallon of sulphured molasses my daughter bought at the farm supply store cost as much as that carton of unsulphured.

Use Black-strap molasses.

Reason is that regular molasses has too much simple sugars, these simple sugars promote the wrong type of organisms in the soil causing die-off of the good microbes and as a side dress those bad organisms will lower pH in the soil a good bit.

There are other benefits to using "black-strap" molasses as well, its got the highest amount of minerals, lowest amount of sugars, and loaded with complex carbs which are good things.

Thank you all, I have contacted the company, just waiting on further reply. And I am just curious to as if it contains or not, just doing my research before purchase as it's the only molasses I can find information on in my town.

Back
Top Bottom