Curing flower

Strutt

First time grower here, wondering how long to keep buds in jars? After drying I put my harvest in glass jars with hygrometers inside. Mid October until now, March 8th, hygrometers are holding a consistent 54% RH in all three jars. Will they maintain potency for an extended amount of time in the jars or should I put them in bags?? They tested at 26.7% total cannabinoids

"How long to keep buds in jars"?

Until you smoke it.

I have a couple ounces right now thats over 3 years old.
Some THC turns into CBN but overall its basically just as potent.
Under a jewelers loupe I’ve noticed more amber trichs than when I initially jarred them.

Well after 58-55 rh curing stops then you can vacuum seal. You want airtight after 55% is my understanding.
Jars are airtight, until you open them. Burping process is over. I transfer a little at a time to a smaller jar for smoking. I’ve heard that if the buds are kept in jars too long they start to have an ammonia odor??

Jars are airtight, until you open them. Burping process is over. I transfer a little at a time to a smaller jar for smoking. I’ve heard that if the buds are kept in jars too long they start to have an ammonia odor??
You've heard wrong.
The ammonia odor would come from mold because it wasn't dried properly prior to being jarred.

My bud thats over 3 years old smells sweet and citrusy.

hygrometers are holding a consistent 54% RH in all three jars. Will they maintain potency for an extended amount of time in the jars or should I put them in bags?
In jars. Plastic bags, even zip lock style, are not as air tight as we might believe. Canning jars, or what are sometimes called Mason jars, are designed to be air tight as long as proper lids and rings are used.

Plastic bags might be OK for traveling to a party or event somewhere. But, why not also use small canning style jars for "travelers".

full

In jars. Plastic bags, even zip lock style, are not as air tight as we might believe. Canning jars, or what are sometimes called Mason jars, are designed to be air tight as long as proper lids and rings are used.

Plastic bags might be OK for traveling to a party or event somewhere. But, why not also use small canning style jars for "travelers".

full
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom