Can't cure my weed, help

I'm going to be honest, I don't use any of those hydrometer thingies :rofl: ...I did at one time, but I ran out and never got more :hmmmm:

I just pluck the bigger fans and hang individual branches. Then I wait till the rest of the small leaves feel crunchy, about 5 to 7 days. Then I throw it into my crank trimmer and trim. Then I jar it for at least a month, popping the lid for 30 minutes everyday. It will "re-moisturize" and become almost wet feeling at first, but then start to be dry enough after about 2 weeks to smoke and start smelling and tasting the actual terpins instead of hay. After 30 days I'm good to go and don't have to open the jars anymore :thumb:

@420liam420 , you're going to find your own way, cuz everyone does things differently, but there are basic steps that have to be taken as "guidelines" so good luck and keep em green :passitleft:
this is really confusing. i was advised to buy hydrometers and i did, but apparently that's not a good way to do it?

kinda like i was advised to buy ph drops on this forum, and when i did everyone said that they are inaccurate and bad lol.:confused:

this is really confusing. i was advised to buy hydrometers and i did, but apparently that's not a good way to do it?

kinda like i was advised to buy ph drops on this forum, and when i did everyone said that they are inaccurate and bad lol.:confused:
I have never bought any of those hydrometer things either. The Boveda or humidity packets, yes, those I have bought.

As for the second statement I have figured that someone will suggest buying the pH test drops because they can see the difference in colors. The people that find it hard to use the drops will say they are inaccurate and bad. Same goes for suggestions on using the test strips made with paper.

I have never bought any of those hydrometer things either. The Boveda or humidity packets, yes, those I have bought.

As for the second statement I have figured that someone will suggest buying the pH test drops because they can see the difference in colors. The people that find it hard to use the drops will say they are inaccurate and bad. Same goes for suggestions on using the test strips made with paper
I use the hydrometers...i find it helps.

How's things coming along @420liam420 ?

Method are like opinions, which are like arseholes...we all have them.

Photos? Did the reading change on your hydrometer?

I’ve always wondered if putting a bag of “boil in the bag” rice in with them would help (un cooked of course)?

Seems like the rice would draw out the moisture in no time, but this is just a theory as I’ve never heard of anyone doing this.

I do know people use rice to draw out water from cell phones when they get wet, so it stands to reason it would work for buds, pretty much the same way?

Just a thought...

Well I used bovita and fresh dank packs, but like I said I ran out and never got anymore :hmmmm: and TBH I don't notice a difference...and on the PH drops, I'm color blind, and I don't PH anything :popcorn:
I’ve always wondered if putting a bag of “boil in the bag” rice in with them would help (un cooked of course)?

Seems like the rice would draw out the moisture in no time, but this is just a theory as I’ve never heard of anyone doing this.

I do know people use rice to draw out water from cell phones when they get wet, so it stands to reason it would work for buds, pretty much the same way?

Just a thought...
The longer it takes to dry, the smother, and better tasting it will be...so no quick drying :passitleft:

Just a thought...
I've done some reading up and testing on that subject recently. See below.
Well I used bovita and fresh dank packs, but like I said I ran out and never got anymore :hmmmm: and TBH I don't notice a difference...and on the PH drops, I'm color blind, and I don't PH anything :popcorn:

The longer it takes to dry, the smother, and better tasting it will be...so no quick drying :passitleft:
Bang on! It results in quicker drying... can be done for "tester buds" but makes it harsh. It's been done and To be honest i tossed a small lower nug in with some rice just to see...and yup, quick dry in 3 days.

The longer it takes to dry, the smother, and better tasting it will be...so no quick drying
True enough but he’s already trying to smoke wet bud.

I’ve been there in a situation where I didn’t have a source for weed and desperation took over so I even microwaved a fresh bud just to get me by.

That’s not advice, that was just my reality at the time.

Slow curing is certainly preferable if you’ve already got smoke on hand and you can satisfy your craving without having to rush the process.

I’ve used the paper sack method Buds was talking about before and it worked just fine. Just jar it back up when the stems break and not bend, then just open the lid for an hour or so every day until properly cured.

Using meters isn’t totally necessary IMO, as you can judge by feel alone if you know what to look for.

There’s some great stuff about curing in the frequently asked questions forum on this, I advise checking them out.

I use the hydrometers...i find it helps.

How's things coming along @420liam420 ?

Method are like opinions, which are like arseholes...we all have them.

Photos? Did the reading change on your hydrometer?
nope still no reading, in the 55's ish, don't know what to do, i also have some weed that just won't dry despite humidty being quite low, it's taking wayy too long

True enough but he’s already trying to smoke wet bud.

I’ve been there in a situation where I didn’t have a source for weed and desperation took over so I even microwaved a fresh bud just to get me by.

That’s not advice, that was just my reality at the time.

Slow curing is certainly preferable if you’ve already got smoke on hand and you can satisfy your craving without having to rush the process.

I’ve used the paper sack method Buds was talking about before and it worked just fine. Just jar it back up when the stems break and not bend, then just open the lid for an hour or so every day until properly cured.

Using meters isn’t totally necessary IMO, as you can judge by feel alone if you know what to look for.

There’s some great stuff about curing in the frequently asked questions forum on this, I advise checking them out.
how do you know when it's cure tho? also, with the pop the lid off, i find at times i pop the lid off for 2-4 days, when the stems snap, the buds are still quite wet inside and 1 hour with the lid off won't do even with low humidity around 60

is it possible that i'm mistaking sticky buds for wet? i dunno, i'm under the impression that when it's drier it hits way smoother.

this when i take a hit, it burns my lungs and entire chest like hell. mind you i have some weed that's been curing for 2 months and this happens, despite following all instructions on drying and curing

The cure is a long process that is the whole point bring it down slow!
yeah but 1 hour is not a good indication, because if you have 70% humidity you'll have to take the lid off for way longer than someone with 50% humidity, i wanna get stuff done right, not just eye ball it, this is my best harvest so far, so i wanna be smoking good stuff since i got time to cure it

yeah but 1 hour is not a good indication, because if you have 70% humidity you'll have to take the lid off for way longer than someone with 50% humidity, i wanna get stuff done right, not just eye ball it, this is my best harvest so far, so i wanna be smoking good stuff since i got time to cure it
Maybe you just need to keep drying for a bit longer if the bud is still spongy?

It could very well be really reasons so it gums up when you smoke it too, I’ve had weed do that before, especially rolled in a joint.

It may be perfect for a dry herb vape? Or a bong?

Maybe you just need to keep drying for a bit longer if the bud is still spongy?

It could very well be really reasons so it gums up when you smoke it too, I’ve had weed do that before, especially rolled in a joint.

It may be perfect for a dry herb vape? Or a bong?
i smoke it from a bong, idk it just seems to be taking forever to dry, i have this white widow, around 15 grams, i have a fan blowing on it for about a week now and it still doesn't feel dry enough to me (it was already dried prior properly without using a fan)

Back
Top Bottom